Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Our client is a software company specialising in the space industry.
We are looking for a dynamic and client-focused Software Engineer/ Computer Scientist graduate or PhD (or graduate of another discipline with equivalent experience) with experience of Ground Segment Systems Engineering to join Multi-Mission-Elements Elements (MME) Upgrade Service Team. The ideal candidate should have a strong IT infrastructure profile.
The MME services encompass Monitoring (Ground Segment including H/W Monitoring & Reporting, Satellite & Ground Station Monitoring), IT & Site Infrastructure (Computing, Storage, Network),Processing (Off line Satellite Analysis & Reporting, Mission Data Re-Processing) and Data Access Services (Mission Data Long Term Archive, Online Data Access, Near Real Time distribution, Data Circulation, Encryption Keys Generation, Data Collection Platform).
- As part of the Multi-mission engineering (MME) upgrade team:
- ground segment system requirements analysis;
- generation and maintenance of services definitions, compliance matrices, design justification;
- analysis and evolution of current System Design to enhance the MME Services so as to meet Ground segments/System requirements;
- generation and/or Maintenance of MME internal and external Interface Control Documents;
- provide inputs to Design reviews, Verification reviews, etc.;
- provide expertise to Ground Segment reviews;
- support MME services handover and training to Assembly, Integration, Verification (AIV) and Operations preparation team;
- provide MME expertise to Ground Segment Integration, Verification and Validation (IV&V) tests for the MME services;
- provide support to technical discussions with engineering team.
- Profile, Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant graduate degree or equivalent experience;
- 5+ years working experience in the analysis and generation of requirements, development, testing, operations and maintenance of ground segments;
- Strong IT infrastructure profile.
- Desired knowledge and experience:
- Experience in the field of systems engineering and architectural design for ground segment systems
- Capability to prepare and maintain services specifications
- Capability to prepare system requirements and design documents, and to perform system-level analyses for complex satellite-based systems
- Experience in writing technical requirementsExperience of interface management and definition. Familiarity with mechanisms and tools for detailed interface definition;
- Knowledge of space and ground system engineering processes, and system and software life-cycles and standards;
- Definition, management and traceability of requirements structure with the support of dedicated tools (e.g. DOORS);
- Experience in working as part of a multicultural team
- Ability to perform regular, e.g. weekly, context (project) switch
- Practical knowledge in service-based approach for defining services specifications (e.g. ITIL)
- General knowledge of satellite systems and ECSS standards.
- Computer systems, Network systems and IT Security:
- Network engineering – deployment and operations
- Administration of communications infrastructure systems and WANs
- CISCO equipment, Network Management Systems, networks and software defined & programmable networks
- Production environments with high availability requirements
- Configuration and operation of network management and monitoring systems such as Netbrain or SolarWind
- Automation of network routine monitoring and maintenance tasks
- Network infrastructure, services and solutions low level design specifications