Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Reaction Engines is seeking a Supply Chain Intern who will be able to demonstrate both the ability to multi task and prioritise day to day operational procurement activities with various agreed strategic tasks, process improvements, report creation and distribution. The Supply Chain Intern will develop and gain a full understanding of the Supply Chain End to End Process and assist the supply chain manager and wider supply chain team in identifying and implementing various opportunities for improvement.
- Take full responsibility for transactional purchasing of an agreed range of categories and / or suppliers ensuring timely supply of all goods & services whilst continually demonstrating a best value for money approach
- Assist in developing a set of standard Supply Chain Key Performance Indicator Metrics & Reports “ Supply Chain Dashboard” (contents to be agreed with both the Supply Chain Manager & Director)
- Support the day to day management, processing and filing of all Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Effective and pro-active query resolution with suppliers via email, phone or if required supplier visit.
- Working with the supply chain team, identify, present & implement improvement opportunities against both Indirect & Direct Sourcing categories using category management tools & approach ensuring:
- Improved Service levels & Process Efficiencies
- Supplier Reduction where possible through consolidation and leveraging accordingly.
- Reduction in total cost of acquisition
- Effective implementation & roll out
- Performance metric to ensure delivery of above
- Comprehensive understanding of MS Office, Excel, Word, Powerpoint. (Experience of VISIO, Adobe, Sage/A-cloud also desirable.)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well within a team
- Able to thrive in a high-stress and fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels both with external suppliers and internal customers and stakeholders
- Willingness to travel if necessary and to support engagement with customers and partners
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Reaction Engines’ core values:
Please include the following details in your application for export control purposes, please note that if this information is not included, we will not be able to proceed with your application:
- Current notice period
- Nationality (including any dual nationalities)
- Place of birth
- Citizenships (including ones that are no longer held)
- Countries where permanent residencies are held
For all successful candidates, Reaction Engines will undertake background security checks. As part of this we will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record.