Field(s) of expertise
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
About this job
The successful candidate will be based in our main office at Sint-Stevens-Woluwe (Brussels Area).
The position is in the Systems Department, in the Robotics, Mechanisms and Structure (RMS) Team (comprises of 10 persons).The candidate will mainly report to the RMS Team Lead.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
The work assignation will initially relate to the design and manufacturing of complex robotic components for space robotics applications (planetary and in space), in challenging ESA and EC funded projects. These projects in particular include (1) design evolutions of a standard mating interface for modular spacecraft assembly and reconfiguration and (2) design evolution of a moon planetary rover concept.
The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Analysing potential concepts and technologies for the mechanical components to be designed, taking into account mission requirements and various trade-offs
- Carrying out design trade-offs with rapid prototyping approaches
- Carrying out end-to-end CAD modelling and preparing models for manufacturing
- Supporting the end-to-end MAIT process for the designed components
- Generating the technical documentation required all along the process
- Supporting structural analysis.
- CAD Engineer (MSc or PhD) with 3 to 5 years of professional experience in space robotics applications
- Outstanding proficiency with CAD tools (e.g. Solidworks) and proven track record of complex mechanisms design
- Excellent understanding of materials, tolerances, supply chains and COTS procurement for space products
- Hands-on experience with integration of complex assemblies
- Proficiency with technical documents production
- Good knowledge of the space engineering life cycle
- Good knowledge of qualification process and constraints (as well as relevant ESA ECSS standards).
- Strength to cope with schedules and deadlines
- Ability to synthesise, summarise and draw conclusions
- Ability to adhere to strict standards of confidentiality
- Ability to work in distributed international teams
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- A proactive approach, with initiative and ability to work independently
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- The candidate shall be eligible to work in the European Union or in possession of a European Blue Card for two or more years.
What Do We Offer?
- Working in a growing company with Staff located in Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands
- A professional, pleasant atmosphere with motivated and passionate Staff, where autonomy and initiatives are encouraged
- An interesting remuneration package with a relocation allowance, if applicable
- A full time position with an indefinite contract of employment.