Field(s) of expertise
Marketing and Sales
About this job
Serco is one of the leading players within the European space market having a long successful heritage working closely with many of the European space agencies. This is a really exciting time to join Serco’s space division as we have huge expansion plans which entails excellent opportunities to advance your career.
Already well established within Germany, we are seeking a space capture lead to reinforce the team in Germany.
This person will be responsible for;
- Delivering the growth targets in space in Germany.
- Develop the market and identify new opportunities for growth in line with the business unit’s vision, goals and strategies
- Maintain and develop the Space BD strategy in Germany in line with Europe and group strategy for high growth and margin improvement.
- Deliver on our commitments to provide high quality services that create sustainable value for our customers, employees and shareholders.
- Ensure that all business opportunities are properly qualified and reviewed in order to maximise opportunity, profitability and manage/control business and financial risk.
The successful candidate(s) will be; proactive, positive, innovative, customer focused, responsive, and able to develop and sell tailored solutions and consistently deliver results. This role holder will be responsible for end-to end business development throughout the entire bid life-cycle (e.g. supporting win theme development / refinement, pursuit strategy, pricing, teaming, competitive analysis and black hats, solution development, reviews).
In a growing market environment, meet the growth objectives set by the country plan both in terms of order bookings and margins contributing to executing account management activities.
- Implement the commercial strategy and sales plan established by the European Business Development (BD) Director and country General Manager (GM) in the Space business domain
- Ensure deals are successfully closed with margins in line with country strategy
- Develop a pipeline of new business opportunities to ensure growth targets are achieved
- Coordinate organic growth actions with Account managers
- For each opportunity, and with the support of the relevant sector BD Director develop a win strategy, with efficient win themes, competitive analysis and a price-to-win
- Drive capture management activities by proactively understanding customer needs and promoting the Serco way and Serco capabilities
- Uderstand Serco’s capabilities and assess them against customer requirements / needs, identifying gaps and implementing individual capture strategies
- Develop consultative relationship with all customers to position of Serco at the heart of the upcoming opportunities
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships within the customer community and industry to be able to identify new business opportunities for the benefice of the growth plan.
- Support in the development of a network of senior relationships with customers, potential customers already said above
- Collaborate with BD teams to support capture management activities to win large competitive procurement’s by proactively work to market Serco capabilities and competitive pricing
- Collaborate with BD Director to understand and analyse unsuccessful bid activity and ensure these inputs into future proposition development
- Support Representation of Serco in all relevant professional associations.In coordination with the Europe marketing team, attend and coordinate the Serco presence for sales events and fairs.
- Excellent knowledge of Space business in Germany with experience in EUMETSAT and DLR programmes and procurement
- Relationships with other large space corporate’s / New Space ventures within Germany is highly desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of German government and European agencies procurement processes
- Excellent understanding of the service business
- Open minded and able to interact with confidence with all stakeholders
- Motivated by challenge and looking for business success
- Has a track record of working in sales
- Enjoys team working and is used to cooperate with bidding, legal, finance and operational teams in an international environment
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Exercises good judgement with decision-making skills
- Good analytical skills with the ability to assimilate information quickly, cut through to determine resolution, communicate key messages simply and effectively to the business
- Fluent in English and German languages as a minimum
- Must be EU citizen
- Demonstrated understanding in building opportunities
- Successful in implementing growth strategy with German public entities and/or international entities
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in business development or space related project management