Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Serco is recruiting a Software Developer to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC), starting with 01/01/2023.
The Serco group is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. We have over 40 years’ of experience in supporting the space sector. Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
We are looking for a Software Developer role following a DevOps culture of closer collaboration and shared responsibility between development and operations for the application solutions that are being developed and maintained, with the objective of producing efficient code based on specific requests that will be subject to specific offers and related planning.
You need to have expertise and knowledge to develop bug fixes to the existing applications as well as propose and implement BMIT (Business Management IT) application evolution plan.
You will work on the preparation of Application development proposals, including reviewing the proposals based on negotiations with ESA as well as delivery of a final version upon reaching an agreement. Also, you will Conduct User Acceptance Tests, validating end-to-end the business flow.
- Collect and manage bugs reported by the Operations team, from the Technical Responsible/Service Manager or detected by monitoring tools.
- Collect and manage new features requests.
- Compile and assess user feedback to improve application performance and security.
- Monitor the market evolution and apply security and features patches to the managed applications as needed and in agreement with the Technical Responsible/Service Manager.
- Provide applications upgrades to support, planned upgrades of the underlying infrastructure.
- Develop bug fixes as needed and in accordance with the latest security vulnerability announcements.
- Work closely with the Operations team on new application deployments as well as on planned migrations, and other project activities.
- Troubleshooting, debugging, maintaining and improving of existing applications.
- Prepare a release package to be installed by the Operations team.
- Prepare and support the Service Readiness Reviews of any new release to production.
- Develop new releases of the applications as agreed with the Technical Responsible/Service Manager and based on the plan approved by the BMIT Steering Board.
- Run and chair regular CCB meetings with the Technical Responsible to discuss the applications release plan.
- Develop technical documentation to guide future application development projects.
- Contribute to the creation and maintaining of Operations Manuals and User Manuals accordingly for any new release.
- Report bugs, requests and releases to the Service Manager for the Quarterly Report of the service.
- Ensure efficient rrequirements gathering by breaking down the critical technical specifications into effective documentation and user stories.
- Configuration and version control of the code base.
- Preparation and delivery of PoC environments.
- Develop automation of application tests.
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Experience in Web and Microsoft development technologies
- Technical experience and knowledge in Visual Studio .NET, ASP.NET (with Ajax extension), Entity Framework, Microsoft C#. Main libraries in use AmCharts, Bootstrap, jQuery
- Experienced in Web Server technology – IIS
- Experienced in developing Windows Microservices
- Experience with databases MSSQL, MySQL, MariaDB – Oracle, Postgres
- Experience with Windows Server (2012 – 2022) – RedHat Linux
- Coordination of project activities with external contracted developers
Nice to have:
- Experience with Apache, JBOSS EAP, PL/SQL
- Experience with Java Spring Framework, Python, TXTextControl Word, Python/PowerBI Visualizations.
- Experience in Project management, business analysis and requirements gathering.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.