Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Serco Europe is recruiting a Software Engineer to work on our Customers Site (ESA-Toulouse).
Serco is a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
The service will focus on the development and implementation activities of EGNOS DCS (Data Collection Segment) and DPS (Data Processing Segment). It will be responsible for following industrial activities in the area of specifications, design, development and validation for the Software sets and Hardware equipment of DCS and DPS of EGNOS V3 and future EGNOS versions.
- Supervision of Industry’s activities concerning the specification, design, procurement, development and verification of all software and related hardware of EGNOS Data
- Interaction with the EGNOS Prime contractors, and developing subcontractors ensuring, in cooperation with the EGNOS Project team, the compliance of all the COTS, the software and the hardware with the technical and performance requirements of the overall system.
- Participation in the EGNOS V3 DPS Subsystem reviews and support DCS subsystem and System level reviews.
- Coordinate with the Product Assurance and Security teams as necessary to support DPS certification and accreditation activities.
- Support in the field of Research and Development for new certified real time HW/SW modular architectures and Virtualisation/Cloud computing platforms.
- Master’s degree or equivalent with relevant experience.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience required.
- Experience in safety critical software and HW/SW certification process.
- Experience in real-time embedded software.
- Experience with industrial procurement and development, verification process and conduction of reviews.
- Knowledge of integrated modular architectures.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- French is considered an advantage.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.