Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Serco Europe is recruiting a GNC Engineer to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
Serco is a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
- Support to the ESTEC GNC Section for the development of GNC systems for interplanetary and exploration spacecraft as well as GNC for space transportation systems. This comprises GNC for interplanetary cruise, aero assistance, rendezvous and docking, formation flying, or drag-free systems as well as GNC for ascent and re-entry vehicles.
- The candidate must be familiar with classical as well as modern control and filtering techniques.
- Mastering advanced multivariable GNC design and verification approaches for stability and performance robustness analysis is a prerequisite.
- The tasks include provision of engineering expertise and independent technical analysis to the development of ongoing and future ESA missions, for orbiters as well as for space transportation systems. Specifically, GNC design tasks shall include detailed dynamics, environment, actuator and sensor system modelling, together with implementation of multi-physics and high-fidelity End to End vehicle dynamics in 6DoF simulation environments (Matlab, Simulink, Simscape).
- The candidate shall perform system sizing, requirements capture, architecture conception, advanced GNC design as well as performance and functional validation tasks.
- In the area of technology development, priority areas shall be the conception of new highly autonomous systems, the development of real-time optimized guidance systems for launchers and re-entry systems and the corresponding verification and validation techniques and tools.
- The candidate shall contribute to the preparation and execution of project and technology studies reviews and provide regular technical reporting.
- Master’s degree in aerospace or control engineering.
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience in the field of GNC systems for exploration or space transportation vehicles.
- Comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.