Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Serco Europe is recruiting a Documentalist to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
Serco is a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
The task covers the operations, maintenance and evolutions of the Documentation Management System (DMS), including processes, processes and the use of supporting electronic documentation management tool, for a given project/programme or organisational unit. It includes the following typical duties:
- Regular review of the status of documents in the different archives and where appropriate register this information in the DMS database.
- Document registration, distribution and archiving, as well as provision of reproduction services.
- Process configuration controlled document changes and of official papers relevant to the activities of the unit.
- Supporting users for retrieving documents from local DMS, DMS’s from external partners and/or industry, out of paper archives, other sources like ESTEC library, scanned documents on CD-ROM or via Internet, etc.
- Provision of paper copies of electronic documents on request, creation of electronic versions of documents.
- Management of original files.
- Related support to project reviews.
- Support to enhancements of the document management concepts and of future improvements.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration (or Communications as relevant).
- At least 4 years of previous relevant work experience in a similar role.
- Proven experience in documentation management.
- Good knowledge of the specific activities and/or organisation, of the applicable configuration management working procedures and support tool(s) are an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as tact and discretion are required.
- Proficiency in the use of the Agency’s information systems and tools is an asset.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.