Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Serco Europe is recruiting a Secretary / Administrative Assistant to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC). The role is part-time, 32 hours/week, with a fixed term contract, until 31.12.2024.
Serco is a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
The position covers provision of secretarial and administrative support to ESA organizational entities (Divisions, Services, Offices) and Projects (called Unit herein). It includes the following tasks:
- Day-to-day support to Unit personnel regarding business travel arrangements, leave management, coordination of training.
- Dealing with incoming telephone calls and information requests.
- Analysing incoming correspondence and documentation and managing the distribution of outgoing correspondence and documentation.
- Provision of various logistic support to the Unit.
- Arrivals (office, phone, computer, security, access to databases, information systems) and departures (deregistration, etc.) of Unit personnel.
- Ordering office supplies and maintenance of stationary.
- Room and resources bookings for meetings and/or events falling under the responsibility of the Unit.
- Administration and handling of shipment of goods and express mail.
- Tasks related to documentation management, distribution/registration of mail and documents.
- Organization of agenda and of meetings.
- Maintaining document libraries for the Unit, including maintenance of change log, distribution lists, issue information notes to concerned users.
- Maintaining and following up actions lists for the Unit and taken minutes of coordination meetings for the Unit.
- Participation in organisation of events (e.g. workshops, conferences) as required.
- Support the Project Review Process.
- Support to visitor service: including access control, preparing visa applications, distribution of information material.
- Vocational Degree or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience.
- A good knowledge of Office suite and electronic mailing.
- Familiarity with ESA working environment in a similar position is a distinct advantage.
- Comfortable with working in a diverse and multi-national team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities.
- Proficient in the English language, both spoken and written.
- For site specific functions fluent knowledge of the local national language is also required.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.