Field(s) of expertise
Electronics Engineering Navigation Engineering
About this job
Serco Europe is recruiting an RF Payloads Plus Microwave & Mmwaves Technology & Equipment Engineer to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
Serco is a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
The candidate will be assigned to the Payload Engineering section (TEC-EFP) with the role of “RF PAYLOAD ENGINEER” and will work in one or more of the following domains:
- RF Navigation Payloads;
- RF Satellite Communication Payloads.
- Provide support to ESA projects and programmes in the area of navigation payloads and satellite communication payloads for system level aspects (such as payload requirements, design, performance analysis, development and testing).
- Contribute to internal R&D activities for the design, modelling, architectural trade-off and performance assessment of navigation payloads, and/or satellite communication payloads, with main emphasis on payloads based on digital signal processing and active antennas.
- Perform technical management of R&D activities with industry/institutions in the field of advanced payload concepts and sub-systems/equipment development for navigation payloads and satellite communication payloads.
- Contribute to the generation and promotion of innovative ideas for future satellite missions in the field of RF payloads, including the definition of ESA R&D programmes.
- Define technical requirements and statements of work for R&D activities to be performed by industry, from early conceptual studies to full hardware development.
- Carry out computer simulations at system/subsystem level for the assessment of end-to-end payload performance, with particular emphasis on signal quality for navigation and commmunication payloads.
- Contribute to the development/usage of internally developed analysis/simulation tools.
- Maintain state-of-the-art expertise by monitoring the RF/Microwave systems technological trends and applying them in the day-to-day tasks.
- Master’s degree in Telecommunications, Microwave or RF Electronics Engineering.
- 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Good background and several years of working experience on design, development and testing of Radio Frequency Payloads in the domain of Navigation and/or Earth observation and/or Telecommunications.
Knowledge and Experience on the following topics are considered an asset:
- Navigation Payloads and Satellite Communication Payloads.
- Radio frequency and microwave payloads architectures and technologies.
- Simulation of RF Payloads, communication systems and performance assessment (with e.g. Matlab, Phyton).
- Digital signal processing techniques.
- End-to-end payload performance and signal quality analysis.
- Software and simulation tools and programming (Matlab/Simulink, C/C++, Python).
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities.
- Promoting cooperation and team-working, problem solving.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.