Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Serco Europe is recruiting a Secretary / Administrative Assistant to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC). The role is full-time, with a fixed-term contract, from 01/02/2023 to 31/12/2024.
Serco is a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
The work package covers provision of secretarial and administrative support to ESA organisational entities (Divisions, Services, Offices) and Projects (called Unit herein). It includes the following tasks:
- Day-to-day support to Unit personnel regarding business travel arrangements, leave management, coordination of training.
- Dealing with incoming telephone calls and information requests.
- Analysing incoming correspondence and documentation and managing distribution of outgoing correspondence and documentation.
- Provision of various logistic support to the Unit.
- Arrivals (office, phone, computer, security, access to databases, information systems) and departures (deregistration, etc.) of Unit personnel.
- Ordering of office supplies and maintenance of stationary.
- Room and resources bookings for meetings and/or events falling under the responsibility of the Unit.
- Administration and handling of shipment of goods and express mail.
- Tasks related to documentation management, distribution/registration of mail and documents.
- Maintaining documents libraries for the Unit, including maintenance of change log, distribution lists, issue information notes to concerned users.
- Maintaining and following up actions lists for the Unit and taken minutes of coordination meetings for the Unit.
- Participation to organisation of events (e.g. workshops, conferences) as required.
Specific tasks to be performed:
- Manage the project manager agenda and plan/organize/prepare all meetings.
- Analyse incoming e-mails (or any other documentation) and present these data in an organized and prioritized manner to the project manager. Ensure that important and urgent mail/documents reach him/her to ensure timely responses and following-up of actions.
- Write (draft) emails and replies to correspondence and inquiries as appropriate.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports / meetings.
- Prepare missions and travel arrangements and associated mission claims for the project manager and project team.
- Maintain up-to-date project team holiday / mission / training / conference records.
- Establish and maintain the structure and records and files on the Management Information Systems such as Eclipse, SharePoint in coordination with the project documentalist.
- Follow up of shopping carts and purchase orders approval in ESAP.
- Preparation and timely completion of the project team timesheets in ESAP.
- Assist the project manager and project team on communications / promotion of the project.
- Participation to organization of VIP / PR events as required.
- Provide general support to visitors.
- Coordinate actions with other assistants of the department and interface with the other assistants of the Directorate.
- Manage the procurement of office supplies and promotional items for the project in coordination with the project controller.
- Vocational Degree or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Familiarity with ESA working environment in a similar position is a distinct advantage.
- Comfortable with working in a diverse and multi-national team environment.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Eagerness and capability to learn.
- Showing initiative, ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Proficient in MS Office tools, in particular Teams, Powerpoint, Outlook, Word and Excel.
- A good knowledge of Social Media tools (in particular LinkedIn) will be considered as an asset.
- Proficient in the English language, both spoken and written.
- Knowledge of Spanish language and other EU member state languages will be considered as an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.