Field(s) of expertise
Product and Quality Assurance
About this job
Serco Europe is recruiting PA and Safety Support Engineer to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
Serco is a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
- Support the Copernicus missions Product Assurance & Safety (PA&S) Managers in all activities related to the execution of the Product Assurance Programme;
- Participation to the manufacturing, integration and test activities, e.g. manufacturing readiness reviews (MRR), mandatory inspection points(MIPs), test readiness reviews (TRRs), test review boards (TRBs);
- Support the Risk Management and Configuration Management processes within the ESA Project Team, including the disposition of requests for Deviations and Requests for Waivers (RFDs & RFWs);
- Support the Copernicus PA&S Manager to ensure the effective implementation and execution of the non-conformance identification and reporting mechanisms within the contractor supply chain and confirm the correct and formal closure of non-conformances;
- Assist the Copernicus PA&S Manager in ensuring that all formally delivered items within the Project supply chain conform with requirements using formal acceptance reviews (Delivery Review Boards – DRBs);
- Produce reports on project and review activities, including conclusions and recommendations where necessary, participate in progress meetings, when needed and report on Copernicus PA status;
- Extensive travel within Europe is required.
- Master’s degree in an engineering discipline is required.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Product and Quality Assurance in the space sector;
- Proven record of Product and Quality Assurance activities for spacecraft units;
- Experience with test campaigns at the spacecraft level is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment;
- Problem-solving mindset and a high capacity to deliver are highly considered.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken;
- Knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.