Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance Project and Service Management
About this job
Serco Europe is recruiting a Programme/Project Controller to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ECSAT).
Serco is a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
Duties include the preparation and maintenance of overall programmatic aspects of the project, i.e. cost, finance, documentation and progress control as well as risk related aspects with the aim to provide full visibility on all aspects related to programme resources.
- Implementing and operating planning and control procedures to provide full visibility on all activities related to the progress, while ensuring compliance with established requirements for management reporting on cost, schedule, resources and industrial return.
- Assisting in the preparation of tender documents or contract change with respect to management, cost and schedule/planning requirements and participating in the evaluation of proposals, preparing information required for subsequent contract negotiations and participating in all tasks related to placing contracts.
- Supporting the management of industrial contracts, monitoring assigned contracts with respect to cost, progress, invoicing, payments, industrial return, geo return, deviations from plans and trends, interface with Delegations and industry (using SAP tool).
- Establishing and maintaining of annual budgets, manpower planning, cost at completion and geo return files.
- Monitoring financial commitments for compliance with budgetary provisions and financial regulations.
- Administering of manpower, missions and industrial procurements from a financial perspective (using WLMS tool).
- Participating to reviews and progress meetings.
- Providing required programmatic, workforce and financial data as well as support with analysis of such data as required preparing the regular programmatic and financial reporting to ESA management and national delegations.
- Supporting the risk management process (using ARAMIS tool).
- Implementing and maintaining the tools and the procedures for Project Documentation System (using Eclipse tool).
- Master’s in engineering or equivalent or MBA or equivalent University degree from a recognized Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration, together with a project control background and experience in the disciplines related to the tasks under consideration.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience, such as project controller, required.
- Experience in controlling and/or management of activities and resources in aerospace industry.
- Experience in Satcom industry (Space and Ground Segments).
- Experience in Private-Public Partnership contracts.
- Experience in maintaining a Cost at Completion, anticipating and highlighting areas of concerns (technically and programmatically), initiating mitigation actions. Experience in preparation of synthetic reports with deviations from plans and trends. This includes Industrial as well as Operational cost.
- Experience with the application of project management and project control principles related to the preparation, negotiation and implementation of industrial procurements.
- Experience with industrial return forecasting and reporting is an asset.
- Experience in maintenance of a risk register, high level schedule and document configuration control.
- Experience in project review and risk management processes.
- Experience in the analysis of business cases / 3rd party investments is an asset.
- Highly proficient with planning and project control tools (e.g. SAP, MS Excel, MS Project). Familiarity with relevant ESA corporate applications (e.g. ESA-P, Eclipse) is an asset.
- Excellent planning and organization skills and attention to detail, good judgment and a pragmatic approach.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and stringent schedule.
- Good sense of contacts and communications, ability to interface at appropriate level with relevant actors within and outside of the Directorate.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.