Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Serco is a FTSE 250 company that employs over 50,000 people, we operate internationally across four geographies: UK & Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and the Middle East and across five sectors.
We are among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies and have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector. Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
We are looking for a Software Developer role following a DevOps culture of closer collaboration and shared responsibility between development and operations for the application solutions that are being developed and maintained, with the objective of producing efficient code based on specific requests that will be subject to specific offers and related planning.
You will work on the preparation of Application development proposals, including reviewing the proposals based on negotiations with ESA as well as delivery of a final version upon reaching an agreement. Also, you will Conduct User Acceptance Tests, validating end-to-end the business flow.
The successful candidate will be based in The Netherlands and work on-site for the European Space Agency (ESTEC).
- Collect and manage bugs reported by the Operations team, from the Technical Responsible/Senior Software Developer or detected by monitoring tools
- Compile and assess user feedback to improve application performance and report accordingly to the Senior Software Developer
- Monitor the market evolution and apply security and features patches to the managed applications as needed and in agreement with the Technical Responsible and Senior Software Developer
- Work closely with the Senior Software Developer within the team to develop bug fixes as needed and in accordance with the latest security vulnerability announcements
- Work closely with the Operations team on new application deployments as well as on planned migrations, and other project activities
- Troubleshooting, debugging, maintaining and improving of existing applications
- Take part in the preparation of releases packages to be installed by the Operations team
- Take part in the preparation and support of the Service Readiness Reviews of any new release to production
- Work on the development of new releases of the applications as agreed under the guidance of the Senior Software Developer and based on the plan approved by the BMIT Steering Board
- Develop technical documentation to guide future application development projects
- Contribute to the creation and maintaining of Operations Manuals and User Manuals accordingly for any new release
- Report bugs, requests and releases to the Service Manager and to Senior Software Developer in the team for the Quarterly Report of the service
- Ensure efficient requirements gathering by breaking down the critical technical specifications into effective documentation and under the guidance of the Senior Software Developer
- Configuration and version control of the code base
- Preparation and delivery of PoC environments
- Bachelor degree from relevant University or recognised Institution of secondary studies
- 3+ years of relevant work experience post graduation
- Proficiency in English is required
Java Development Working Experience
- Dependency injection frameworks (Spring)
- Object Relational Mapping (ORM frameworks) => JPA or Hibernate
Nice to have
- React/Angular/Vue.js, jquery
- CSS 3
- Italian language
The candidates must be eligible to work in EU.