Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Serco is a FTSE 250 company that employs over 50,000 people, responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
We are among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies and have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector. Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
The Joint Research Centre (JRC) is the European Commission’s science and knowledge service which employs scientists to carry out research in order to provide independent scientific advice and support to EU policy. As subcontractor, Serco Italia S.p.A. is currently looking for a Full Stack Developer – Java-based web applications (EU Commission) to join our great team in Ispra (VA)!
As Full Stack Developer – Java-based web applications (EU Commission) you will be responsible for:
- The Advanced Computing & ICT Support Unit (JRC.I.5) has the task to act as a centre of ICT competence supporting the operational activities of the JRC.
- The unit develops and implements the JRC ICT policy and provides a reliable, efficient and secure ICT infrastructure for the whole JRC in line with the Commission ICT strategy.
- Furthermore, the Unit supports and coordinates the implementation of corporate information systems.
- The Information Systems part of the Advanced Computing & ICT Support Unit is organized in four areas – Work Programme and Knowledge Management applications – Resource & Logistics applications – Financial & Geel site specific applications – Seville site applications – Data warehouse & reporting.
- This set of corporate applications should be maintained, adapted, and supported following user requirements and technical evolution.
- New developments or improvements on existing applications are requested by JRC stakeholders.
- The Technical Annex concerns the support and maintenance of corporate information systems and the analysis, creation and implementation of new requirements in collaboration with the different JRC System Owners.
WORK TO BE DONE
- The service being requested aims at the evolution of the JRC Corporate Information Systems in close collaboration with the respective System Owners under the coordination and supervision of the JRC Advanced Computing & ICT Support Unit.
- Full-stack Developer, with experience in the design and development of multi-tier Java-based web applications.
- In addition to the knowledge and skills implied by the profile, he/she will have an in-depth working knowledge of:
- 1) at least one modern front-end framework (preferably Angular);
- 2) of the Java Persistence API (JPA);
- 3) of the Spring Framework.
- The candidate will need to have working experience in JEE and micro-service architectures.
- Working experience on data modelling and physical database design will be an advantage.
- Workplace onsite, a minimum of 4 years of technical expertise
- The working language is English. As the team is located in Ispra, Italian would be an asset