Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Serco Europe is recruiting a Secretary/Administrative Assistant to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC). This is a fixed term position, until 31.12.2024.
Serco is a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
- Day-to-day support to Unit personnel regarding business travel arrangements, leave management, coordination of training.
- Dealing with incoming telephone calls and information requests.
- Provision of various logistic support to the Unit.
- Ordering of office supplies and maintenance of stationary.
- Room and resources bookings for meetings and/or events falling under the responsibility of the Unit.
- Administration and handling of shipment of goods and express mail.
- Tasks related to documentation management, distribution/registration of mail and documents.
- Maintaining documents libraries for the Unit, including maintenance of change log, distribution lists, issue information notes to concerned users.
- Maintaining and following up actions lists for the Unit and taking minutes of coordination meetings for the Unit.
- Participation to organisation of events (e.g. workshops, conferences) as required.
- Administrative and secretarial support to the Future Missions and Instruments Division (EOP-FM), including:
- Preparing missions and liaising with Travel Office for Business travel arrangements,
- Typing of correspondence, meeting minutes, reports, scanning of documents,
- Sorting incoming mail, handling telephone calls/messages, set up videoconferences,
- Setting up meetings, including preparation and distribution of meeting invitations, booking of meeting rooms, registration of visitors and escort them from ESTEC Security Gate to meeting room location,
- Support the administration and update of the SharePoint of the EOP-FM Division,
- Miscellaneous logistics support for the EOP-FM Division.
- Vocational Degree or equivalent.
- Specific education in Administrative/Secretarial or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience.
- High degree of flexibility and self-motivation to work in a fast-paced environment with good organization skills, strategic planning, discipline and independence.
- Ability to work quickly and cope with deadlines.
- Responsible, discrete, dependable, reliable.
- Highly proficient in Office365 (incl. Word, Excel, Sharepoint, Outlook, Onedrive) and other personal computer software. Knowledge and experience of Sharepoint would be an asset
- Familiarity with ESA working environment in a similar position is a distinct advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities.
- Proficient in the English language, both spoken and written.
- Knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.