Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering Earth Observation Software Engineering
About this job
Serco is a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
Dedicated to the European Space Agency’s Earth-observing activities, ESA-ESRIN is the European centre of excellence for exploitation of Earth observation missions. The mission and payload operations of ESA’s Earth observation satellites are managed here, and ESRIN is the primary source for the acquisition, distribution, and exploitation of data from these and other non-ESA satellites.
We are recruiting an Application Support Engineer to join our multi-cultural team in Frascati, Italy.
You will be involved in activities relevant to Copernicus, Destination Earth (DestinE) and Italian PNRR initiatives. The position entails responsibility for supporting the development and operations of high-quality software applications to meet the needs of end-users and contribute to the success of the organization.
- Providing technical support for System applications, identifying requirements and addressing technical problems
- Researching, diagnosing and troubleshooting for improving application performances and solve operational issues
- Prioritizing multiple open issues
- Contributing to the preparation of technical documentation including System Design Documents and Technical Notes
- Supporting software integration activities
- Supporting the implementation of End-to-End solutions for operational systems, considering initial requirement analysis
- Good knowledge of Linux/Unix Operating System Environment
- Good knowledge of Programming languages (e.g. Python, etc)
- Good knowledge of containers environment and deployment (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Working experience with DBaaS, SQL and NoSQL (i.e. PostgreSQL, Solr)
- Working experience with container-based applications and Cloud deployments
- Writing technical documentation (e.g. Interface Control Document, System Design Document)
- Knowledge of ticketing management
- Pro-active problem solving attitude
- English level B2 (Upper-intermediate), written and spoken
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Earth Observation satellite data product formats
- Knowledge of Copernicus and Destination Earth (DestinE) programs
- Critical thinking and self-organization skills