Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Serco is a leading Space Services Provider with thousands of skilled resources that has supported over 50 space missions on behalf of more than 10 Space or Government agencies around the globe, including the ESA and NASA. Serco offers space capability across the full space lifecycle from satellite testing to Launch services, LEOP to spacecraft operations, space surveillance to data management, and supporting downstream application development. With over 55 years history in the space sector Serco is well placed to contribute to National strategies and New Space ventures who want to scale their businesses/organisations with skilled talent.
We are seeking a Planning and Scheduling Officer to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC) in the Netherlands. This is a fantastic opportunity to get into one of the most sought after space agencies in the world.
- Reporting directly to the TIA Head of Project Control and Management support section and working on a daily basis with the project controllers and project teams of the IRIS2 Secure Connectivity, Eagle-1 and other TIA partnership.
- Provide support to, and/or participate in, contractual and technical negotiations for schedule aspects.
- Provide schedule support to the major technical reviews of the main projects in the Directorate to ensure schedule objectives are met.
- Support the projects in their schedule interactions with EC and Member States.
- Conduct specific ad hoc schedule analysis of project activities as needed.
- Support the Risk management process of the Projects.
- Assist the TIA Project Control section in the design and implementation of new schedule control / progress monitoring techniques.
- Scheduler tasks will bring the incumbent in contact with our project’s Industrial consortia and with EC.
- Master’s degree in engineering or equivalent University degree from a recognized institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration, with relevant experience.
- 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated expertise with the use of modern schedule software tools (at least both MS Project, Primavera).
- Expertise with the techniques that allow the use of such software tools to provide active schedule management and best scheduling practice.
- Ability to interact effectively with the technical personnel in our projects and colleagues of different backgrounds (engineering, management, legal).
- Capability to summarize and present complex information to colleagues and senior management in a concise and clear manner.
- Capability to work autonomously and at the same time be able to work effectively as part of a team.
- A security clearance is foreseen to be required for this role..
- Comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
- Company events