Field(s) of expertise
Human Resources and Recruitment
About this job
Serco is a leading Space Services Provider with thousands of skilled resources that has supported over 50 space missions on behalf of more than 10 Space or Government agencies around the globe, including the ESA and NASA. Serco offers space capability across the full space lifecycle from satellite testing to Launch services, LEOP to spacecraft operations, space surveillance to data management, and supporting downstream application development. With over 55 years history in the space sector Serco is well placed to contribute to National strategies and New Space ventures who want to scale their businesses/organisations with skilled talent.
We are seeking an HR Support Officer to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC) in the Netherlands. This is a fantastic opportunity to get into one of the most sought after space agencies in the world. The contract duration is until 31.12.2024.
The HR Support Services Division is an important business enabler and interface with ESA staff and management at all sites. We work according to a fully harmonised, “One ESA” service delivery model with a strong, people-centred local presence in six countries.
Staff Administration Service and ESA Payroll:
- Preparation of employment contracts following successful application
- Hiring (ie. payroll insertion) of new staff
- Contract and position (ie. in the organizational structure) administration during the entire employment period, e.g. contract extensions, reassignments to new positions, etc.
- Ad-hoc (ie. request-based) and periodic (e.g. via questionnaires, reporting) verification of entitlements, in particular examining complex cases of entitlement to allowances (ie. those that are not handled automatedly by our IT systems)
- Making the necessary payroll inputs for salary and allowances, as well as calculating ad-hoc payments (e.g. untaken leave)
- Systematic monthly payroll verification to a level which satisfies the external auditors
- Setting up and maintaining structured ex-ante and ex-post payroll verifications with a focus on the ESA-wide payroll operations
- Assisting the Head of Service in interfacing the external service provider to which parts of the ESA payroll have been outsourced
- Time and leave management.
Analytics, Efficiency and Digitalisation:
- Using SAP SuccessFactors reporting module (mainly Report Stories / SAP Analytics Cloud and Canvas types) to generate real-time analyses for the Division’s management to support the efficient running of the operations
- Producing detailed requirements for submission to the IT department as regards the further digitalisation of our processes using SAP SuccessFactors, and following up the ensuing (minor) IT projects
- Contributing to the Division’s digitalisation and efficiency strategy by conducting structured operational process feedback sessions with the whole team, and consequently elaborating concrete, actionable improvements.
Recruitment Support Service:
- Standardized communication with potential applicants ESA-wide, mainly by handling the mailbox
- Preparation and publication of Job Requisitions using SAP SuccessFactors
- Initial screening of applications according to formal criteria (e.g. gender, nationality, level of education)
- Arranging job interviews (mostly on-line) and their follow-up with the interview boards
- Managing candidates via the SAP SuccessFactors candidate pipeline, covering all statuses from application to hired
- Specific communication with candidates
- Arranging pre-recruitment security checks for selected candidates
- Triggering the services of third-party suppliers (e.g. relocation/housing provider)
- Basic (ie. HR-related) on-boarding of new hires.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in the field of business or public administration, information technology, applied economics, or a combination.
- At least 4 years of experience related.
- The personnel deployed must have had specific and in-depth exposure to payroll operations, preferably in an international context.
- Very good knowledge and experience with SAP SuccessFactors, in particular for Employee Central and Recruiting modules.
- Formal SAP certification is an asset.
- The services operate in a fully digitized way, mainly using SAP SuccessFactors and SAP R/3.
- Previous exposure to recruitment activities.
- Strong Communication Skills.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Proficiency in French, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
- Company events