Field(s) of expertise
Product and Quality Assurance
About this job
Serco is a leading Space Services Provider with thousands of skilled resources that has supported over 50 space missions on behalf of more than 10 Space or Government agencies around the globe, including the ESA and NASA. Serco offers space capability across the full space lifecycle from satellite testing to Launch services, LEOP to spacecraft operations, space surveillance to data management, and supporting downstream application development. With over 55 years history in the space sector Serco is well placed to contribute to National strategies and New Space ventures who want to scale their businesses/organizations with skilled talent.
We are seeking a PA and Safety Support Engineer to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC) in the Netherlands. This is a fantastic opportunity to get into one of the most sought after space agencies in the world.
Support the ESA PA & Safety Manager for designated project(s) in conducting, monitoring & assessing the implementation of the PA & Safety Programme. This includes support to any or all of the following activities:
- Establishing the PA&S requirements baseline for all elements of the project, in compliance with the ESA general Product Assurance and Safety policy; Produce and implement plans, define inputs, outputs, participants, responsibilities, interfaces, coordinate efforts of participants, and produce resulting consolidated inputs.
- Reviewing contractor’s plans, specifications and effort proposed for the execution of the project PA&S programme; Produce reports of review activities performed (e.g. documents reviewed, checklists used, spot check performed) and conclusions/recommendations.
- Monitoring project & PA status & identify relevant PA issues, including NCR / SPR / Waivers / Problems / Critical Items and systematically tracking all items.
- Assessing the implementation of PA&S requirements by contractors, participating in design and safety reviews and directing the necessary preventive or corrective actions; Produce monthly reports with assessment activities performed (e.g. documents reviewed, checklists used, spot check performed), contribution to design and safety reviews, and activities related to preventive/corrective action.
- Participating in the Boards established within the project for the disposition of Nonconformances / Failure Reviews, Test Reviews, etc.; Produce reports of participation to boards, indicating the contribution made to these boards (e.g. review of agendas, participants, minutes of meeting, action follow up, close-out).
- Guiding and monitoring the application and procurement of EEE parts, materials and processes and controlling implementation of applicable requirements; Produce reports on guidance provided, monitoring activities performed and status of compliance to applicable requirements.
- Monitoring the manufacturing, integration and test activities with quality assurance audits, mandatory and key inspection points, test witnessing and configuration inspections; Produce report on activities performed with conclusion and recommendations.
- Defining the formal acceptance requirements and conducting the Acceptance Reviews of all contractual deliverable items; Produce and implement plans for the preparation of the formal acceptance requirements, defining steps, inputs, outputs, participants, responsibilities, interfaces, and coordinating efforts of participants to produce resulting consolidated inputs to project documents. Produce also reports on the activities performed for conduction of Acceptance Reviews.
- Supporting the organization & management of the support from all PA disciplines.
- Controlling NCR / Waivers / Problems / Critical Items. Produce meeting agendas, check that all inputs are available for the NRB or CCB, check that all needed participants are involved, produce NRB or CCB minutes of meeting, follow-up on actions identified, ensure proper nonconformance/wavier/problem/critical item close-out. Produce also reports on control activities performed.
- PA for the verification, qualification, acceptance & delivery activities.
- The launch campaign.
- Participating in progress meetings and CCB meetings. Produce inputs to the meeting and whenever requested, produce meeting agendas, check that all inputs are available, check that all needed participants are involved, produce minutes of meeting, follow-up on actions identified, ensure proper close-out.
- Participating in all project reviews, including safety reviews.
- Produce reports on all review activities performed (e.g. documents reviewed, checklists used, spot check performed), conclusions and recommendations.
- Reporting project PA status (deviations from plan / schedule of all of above).
- Extensive travel within Europe is required.
- Support the Copernicus missions Product Assurance & Safety (PA&S) Managers in all activities related to the execution of the Product Assurance Programme.
- Participation to the manufacturing, integration and test activities, e.g. manufacturing readiness reviews (MRR), mandatory inspection points (MIPs), test readiness reviews (TRRs), test review boards (TRBs).
- Support the Risk Management and Configuration Management processes within the ESA Project Team, including the disposition of Request for Deviations and Request for Waivers (RFDs & RFWs).
- Support the Copernicus PA&S Manager to ensure the effective implementation and execution of the non-conformance identification and reporting mechanisms within the contractor supply chain and confirm the correct and formal closure of non-conformances.
- Assist the Copernicus PA&S Manager in ensuring that all formally delivered items within the Project supply chain conform with requirements using formal acceptance reviews (Delivery Review Board – DRBs).
- Produce reports on project and review activities, including conclusions and recommendations where necessary, participate in progress meetings, when needed and reporting on Copernicus PA status.
- Master’s degree in engineering discipline is required.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience Product and Quality Assurance in the space sector.
- Proven record of Product and Quality Assurance activities for spacecraft units.
- Experience with test campaign at spacecraft level is an asset.
- Knowledge of Configuration Management or the implementation of Product Assurance within a quality system certified to ISO 9001 would be an asset.
- Comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment
- Problem solving mind set and high capacity to deliver are highly considered.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
- Company events