Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering Information Technology
About this job
Serco is a leading Space Services Provider with thousands of skilled resources that has supported over 50 space missions on behalf of more than 10 Space or Government agencies around the globe, including the ESA and NASA. Serco offers space capability across the full space lifecycle from satellite testing to Launch services, LEOP to spacecraft operations, space surveillance to data management, and supporting downstream application development. With over 55 years history in the space sector Serco is well placed to contribute to National strategies and New Space ventures who want to scale their businesses/organizations with skilled talent.
We are seeking a Test and Validation Engineer to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESOC) in Germany. This is a fantastic opportunity to get into one of the most sought after space agencies in the world.
- Specification of the software requirements of these systems in collaboration with the operational users.
- Definition and specification of their internal and external interfaces in agreement with the relevant parties.
- Acceptance of the deliverables received from industry, ensuring correctness, completeness and compliance to the applicable requirements.
- Support to the mission operations staff as required in the various operational phases, including System Validation Tests, simulation campaign and in software support coordination as part of the Flight Control Team during critical operational phases such as launches.
- Coordination with other internal (ESOC) or external units, e.g. with the unit supplying mission data systems infrastructure and with the unit supplying the ICT systems and services.
- Participation in research and development activities in the area of mission data systems.
- Master’s degree in engineering discipline is required.
- At least 4 years of experience.
- Knowledge of mission control system, its environment and the relevant infrastructure. This includes areas such as mission planning, automation, operational database, archiving, data distribution, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in the ESOC software engineering methodology and standards
- Competence in modern computer languages such as C, C++, Java, UML, XML, SQL
- Familiarity with the ESOC software development environments and systems, including DOORS
- Familiarity with relevant operating systems, including LINUX.
- Comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Problem solving mind set and high capacity to deliver are highly considered.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
- Company events