Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering Software Engineering
About this job
Serco is a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
We are seeking a Software System Engineer to join our service team at CNES and work on their exciting missions in Toulouse.
Founded in 1961, the Centre National d’Etudes Spatiales (CNES) is the government agency responsible for shaping and implementing France’s space policy in Europe.
- Design of new systems responding to strong operational constraints (including security and network constraints)
- Design of the software architecture at functional and technical level according to the needs
- Setup and perform testing and validation campaigns
- Regular consistency checks between actual implementation and the recommended architecture model
- BSc or equivalent in System Engineering, Software Engineering or relevant
- +3 years’ experience in System or Software Engineering
- Experience in complex system design and integration
- Proficiency scripting in Python, Java, or similar
- Experience working in Linux environment, RedHad Enterprise Linux, CentOS, RedHat Satellite, VMWare virtualization
- Experience with Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, GitLab, GPFS, NAS or similar
- Experience with Puppet, Torque, ENVI, MATLAB
- Fluent in French and English
- Eligible to work in the EU
- Methodical work and self-initiative
- Ability to work autonomously
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of CNES generic tools: SPIRIT, IMIS, GenTC, REGARDS
- Knowledge of the CNES IT environment and shared resources (Software Factory, Computing Cluster, BDD cluster)
What we offer:
Within Serco we believe there is a place here for everyone. Diversity & Inclusion at Serco is based on a culture where every voice is heard, and every employee feels valued. Working together as one team, we can enhance the experience of our people and teams, improve the value of our solutions to better serve the missions of our customers, and make a difference in our world. We are enthusiastic and passionate about our work which is infectious. We allow our employees to take responsibility for their work and promote a positive working culture.
- An exciting, inspiring, international, and ambitious working environment
- Training and development opportunities
- Career progression
- Paid holiday
- Highly competitive salaries considering your skills and personal value to the company
- Summer and Christmas parties
We will give you the platform and guidance to progress your career quickly whilst rewarding you at the same time.