Field(s) of expertise
Product and Quality Assurance
About this job
Serco is a leading Space Services Provider with thousands of skilled resources that has supported over 50 space missions on behalf of more than 10 Space or Government agencies around the globe, including the ESA and NASA. Serco offers space capability across the full space lifecycle from satellite testing to Launch services, LEOP to spacecraft operations, space surveillance to data management, and supporting downstream application development. With over 55 years history in the space sector Serco is well placed to contribute to National strategies and New Space ventures who want to scale their businesses/organizations with skilled talent.
We are seeking a Programme/Project Controller to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC) in the Netherlands. This is a fantastic opportunity to get into one of the most sought-after space agencies in the world.
The Programme/Project Controller will support the HRE Manpower Contract Technical Officer on the day-to-day activities in particular:
- Preparation of Request for Tender (RT)
- Presenting the Services proposal to the Technical Responsible(s) and the Contract Officer(s)
- Supporting the recruitment process and assisting in evaluating CVs of proposed candidates.
- Contract coordination activities with the ESA Contract Officers
- Support the interview process for MAS contractors e.g. by preparing the list of contractors, the schedule of interview(s), meeting room reservation(s), security entries, accompanying contractors, staff etc.
- Preparation of new contract / contract changes as documents, perform their implementation in ESA P (create contract/Contract Change Notice (CCN)/Work Order (WO) ) and insure the correctness of the process by carrying out reviews on Statement of Work, deliverables and KPI
- Prepare financial input for CCNs based on companies PSSA for CO and review correctness of CCNs for finalization
- Complete the consolidation of all manpower contracts (e.g. end of year, contract closure/modification, ad-hoc actions)
- Updating and verify the completeness of the data to the relevant databases such as THREAD with contractor information (Manpower Assignment-MAS, Service) and HRE database(s) (HR contractors workforce database) and closely monitor their evolution
- Lead the end of year Contractors Frame Contract (EFC)reconciliation exercise as well as support the hard closure exercise
- Prepare and provide several reports on contracts (e.g. status of contracts vs budget, amount committed, accrued, invoiced, etc) and also ad-hoc reports and analyse trends and deviations.
- Participate to the ESTEC Frame Contract Operations Board to provide HRE inputs in agreement with HRE-P and HRE-PS management
Moreover, the Programme/Project Controller will also support the Business Unit Controlling area in the following activities:
- Prepare information and reporting for managerial accounting issues
- Maintaining up to date the related data, performing data analysis, identifying deviations w.r.t. plans/targets including and production of associated reports to the responsible management and to the concerned areas when relevant
- Support the elaboration of recharge rates for the Analysis Centers, perform review/analysis at Cost Centers level, controlling of their overall financial balance, and contribution to the recharging process
- Supporting related data analysis such as for internal costs, SLAs with other directorates, activity level KPIs, the directorate dashboard information and supporting the Agency’s budget exercises
- Maintaining related master data such as WBS, Analysis/Cost Centers, Fund and Fund Centers and supporting the Directorate reorganisations’ activities
- Monitoring utilisation of commitment ceiling for BU funds and fund centers and taking necessary actions vis-à-vis Finance Department to redistribute allocations as required.
- Liaison with Contract, Budget and Payment Officers to ensure the coherence of the internal and external administrative data
- Operation of the associated management information tools and system databases and assisting in the definition, preparation, implementation and maintenance of management support tools to ensure efficient execution of the related tasks
- Suggest improvements in HRE-PS processes and tools e.g. workforce database, dashboard, datalake, IPCDB, esaplan etc
In addition, the following activities might be requested:
- Support in the preparation of presentations e.g. for workforce reports
- Support the ESA HRE Time recording activities where required incl. excess hours, launch campaigns and special working arrangements etc
- Support to the inventory and asset management processes for the Business Unit, including coordination of the proper registration of inventory items and assets, valuation of assets, in accordance with applicable procedures and instructions and the use of required tools
- Monitoring and following-up on the implementation of the procurement actions such as cash and cost plans, actuals and deviations and geographical return process current commitments status and the industrial policy forecast for planned activities
- Support the execution of the directorate’s Risk Management process
- Master’s degree in the area of Finance, Engineering or Legal or similar field.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong working experience in another function in finance, controlling and auditing will be considered a key asset.
- Knowledge of ESA financial processes/regulations is an advantage.
- Some knowledge and/or understanding of space/ESA systems architecture will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of procurement process and understanding of ESA industrial policy.
- Very good knowledge of Excel, Word, and other Microsoft applications (e.g. Power BI, teams, SharePoint)
- Good knowledge of ESA-P and other ESA ERP and the THREAD tools is an asset.
- Strong ability to work independently and within group.
- Ability to work under short delivery notice on multiple related activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Problem solving mind set and high capacity to deliver are highly considered.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary.
- Corporate Benefits Package.
- Support provided on relocation – Information available upon request.
- Company Events.