Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering
About this job
Serco is a leading Space Services Provider with thousands of skilled resources that has supported over 50 space missions on behalf of more than 10 Space or Government agencies around the globe, including the ESA and NASA. Serco offers space capability across the full space lifecycle from satellite testing to Launch services, LEOP to spacecraft operations, space surveillance to data management, and supporting downstream application development. With over 55 years history in the space sector Serco is well placed to contribute to National strategies and New Space ventures who want to scale their businesses/organizations with skilled talent.
We are searching for a Entry Level System Engineer who will be involved in engineering activities relevant to Copernicus, Destination Earth (DestinE) and Italian PNRR initiatives. The position allows to work on every aspect of System Engineering, such as software design, software validation, support to Operations Teams, Test automation, interface facilitation between Teams.
- Supporting the design and implementation of End-to-End solutions for operational systems, considering initial requirement analysis.
- Supporting corrective and evolutive maintenance activities, performing troubleshooting analyzes and solving problems by implementing dedicated technical solutions.
- Supporting Integration, Validation and Verification (IVV) activities.
- Reviewing and updating technical documentation to streamline the flow of information from Development Team to Operations Team.
- Analyzing and optimizing the configuration to improve the quality of the Service.
- Good knowledge of Linux/Unix Operating System environment.
- Working knowledge of shell scripting.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
- Good knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Python).
- Knowledge of container-based applications and Cloud environments.
- Capability of writing technical documentation (e.g., Technical Notes, User Manuals, operational procedures).
- Interest in Copernicus and Destination Earth (DestinE) programs.
- Strong communication skills.
- All of the candidates must be eligible to work in EU.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary.
- Corporate Benefits Package.
- Support provided on relocation – Information available upon request.
- Company Events.