Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Serco is a leading Space Services Provider with thousands of skilled resources that has supported over 50 space missions on behalf of more than 10 Space or Government agencies around the globe, including the ESA and NASA. Serco offers space capability across the full space lifecycle from satellite testing to Launch services, LEOP to spacecraft operations, space surveillance to data management, and supporting downstream application development. With over 55 years history in the space sector Serco is well placed to contribute to National strategies and New Space ventures who want to scale their businesses/organizations with skilled talent.
We are seeking a Configuration Management Officer to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC) in the Netherlands. This is a fantastic opportunity to get into one of the most sought after space agencies in the world.
- Establishing adequate processes for proper Product configuration control, including:
- Configuration management planning.
- Configuration items identification, technical requirements base lining, production and maintenance of configuration item data list (CIDL).
- Management of configuration evolution, baselines verification, as-built control and inspections.
- Establishment of configuration control methods, procedures and standards.
- Establishing and/or assuring that adequate configuration control methods, procedures and standards are established and/or maintained, consistent with applicable standards/requirements.
- Preparing formal requirements for inclusion in industrial contracts.
- Participating in Project Reviews.
- Conducting configuration audits and configuration inspections.
- Supervising the processing and disposition of Change Requests and/or Change Proposals.
- Providing status data and maintaining a well-structured record system; acting as secretary to appropriate Boards established for the processing of changes.
- Establishing and maintaining the approval system for all documents under formal ESA control and maintaining the associated DRLs and DRDs.
- Supporting the supervision and maintenance of the documentation library and archives.
- Proposing automated methods and tools required to increase performance of configuration and documentation control tasks.
Appropriate skills and specific experience in the following fields:
- Master’s in engineering or equivalent or MBA or equivalent University degree from a recognized Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration, with relevant experience.
- At least 4 years of relevant working experience.
- Experience in controlling and/or management of activities and resources in aerospace industry. For some tasks knowledge of Finance/Accounting may be required.
- Highly proficient in the use of modern activities and resource management support tools/databases of standard office automation support software packages including in particular advance usage of Excel (Ms-Office and in particular advanced use of Excel).
- Experience as user of SAP and in particular ECC and SRM modules and familiarity with relevant ESA corporate applications e.g. ESA-p) is an asset.
- Ability to rapidly understand and adapt to ESA specific context and environment including ESA corporate IT applications.
- Past experience with ESA in relevant activities is an asset.
- Proven experience in Configuration Management in Space Companies / Organizations.
- Adequate knowledge and understanding of the applicable ESA Configuration Management requirements and standards such asMS-ESA-RQ-100, MS-ESA RQ-108, ECSS-M40.
- Good knowledge of the specific activities and/or organization, of the applicable configuration management working procedures and support tool(s) are an asset.
- Previous experiences in fields like Product Assurance, System
- Engineering and Production Control are an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment
- Problem solving mind set and high capacity to deliver are highly considered.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
Within Serco we believe there is a place here for everyone. Diversity & Inclusion at Serco is based on a culture where every voice is heard, and every employee feels valued. Working together as one team, we can enhance the experience of our people and teams, improve the value of our solutions to better serve the missions of our customers, and make a difference in our world. We are enthusiastic and passionate about our work which is infectious. We allow our employees to take responsibility for their work and promote a positive working culture.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary.
- Corporate Benefits Package.
- Support provided on relocation – Information available upon request.
- Company Events.