Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Serco is a leading Space Services Provider with thousands of skilled resources that has supported over 50 space missions on behalf of more than 10 Space or Government agencies around the globe, including the ESA and NASA. Serco offers space capability across the full space lifecycle from satellite testing to Launch services, LEOP to spacecraft operations, space surveillance to data management, and supporting downstream application development. With over 55 years history in the space sector Serco is well placed to contribute to National strategies and New Space ventures who want to scale their businesses/organizations with skilled talent.
We are seeking a Programme/Project Controller to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ECSAT) in the UK. This is a fantastic opportunity to get into one of the most sought after space agencies in the world.
- As part of the Business Management Controlling & Administration Division, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Preparation and maintenance of overall programmatic aspects of the project, i.e. cost, finance, documentation and progress control as well as risk related aspects with the aim to provide full visibility on all aspects related to programme resources.
- Implementing and operating planning and control procedures to provide full visibility on all activities related to the progress, while ensuring compliance with established requirements for management reporting on cost, schedule, resources and industrial return.
- Assisting in the preparation of tender documents or contract change with respect to management, cost and schedule/planning requirements and participating in the evaluation of proposals, preparing information required for subsequent contract negotiations and participating in all tasks related to placing of contracts.
- Supporting the management of industrial contracts, monitoring assigned contracts with respect to cost, progress, invoicing, payments, industrial return, geo return, deviations from plans and trends, interface with Delegations and industry (using SAP tool).
- Establishing and maintaining of annual budgets, manpower planning, cost at completion and geo return files.
- Monitoring financial commitments for compliance with budgetary provisions and financial regulations.
- Administering of manpower, missions and industrial procurements from a financial perspective (using WLMS tool).
- Participating to reviews and progress meetings.
- Providing required programmatic, workforce and financial data as well as support with analysis of such data as required preparing the regular programmatic and financial reporting to ESA management and national delegations.
- Supporting the risk management process (using ARAMIS tool).
- Implementing and maintaining the tools and the procedures for Project Documentation System (using Eclipse tool).
- Master´s degree in Engineering or equivalent, or MBA or equivalent University degree from a recognized Institution of secondary studies, or equivalent qualification in Business Administration is mandatory; together with a project control background and experience in the disciplines related to the tasks under consideration.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience, such as project controller, required.
- Experience in controlling and/or management of activities and resources in aerospace industry.
- Experience in Satcom industry (Space and Ground Segments); – Experience in Private-Public Partnership contracts.
- Experience in maintaining a Cost at Completion, anticipating and highlighting areas of concerns (technically and programmatically), and initiating mitigation actions.
- Experience in the preparation of synthetic reports with deviations from plans and trends. This includes Industrial as well as Operational cost.
- Experience with the application of project management and project control principles related to the preparation, negotiation and implementation of industrial procurements.
- Experience with industrial return forecasting and reporting is an asset.
- Experience in maintenance of a risk register, high-level schedule and document configuration control.
- Experience in project review and risk management processes.
- Experience in the analysis of business cases / 3rd party investments is an asset.
- Highly proficient with planning and project control tools (e.g. SAP, MS Excel, MS Project).
- Familiarity with relevant ESA corporate applications (e.g. ESA-P, Eclipse) is an asset;
- Excellent planning and organization skills and attention to detail, good judgment and a pragmatic approach.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and stringent schedule.
- Good sense of contacts and communications, ability to interface at appropriate level with relevant actors within and outside of the Directorate.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken, knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary.
- Corporate Benefits Package.
- Support provided on relocation – Information available upon request.
- Company Events.