Field(s) of expertise
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
About this job
Serco is a leading Space Services Provider with thousands of skilled resources that has supported over 50 space missions on behalf of more than 10 Space or Government agencies around the globe, including the ESA and NASA. Serco offers space capability across the full space lifecycle from satellite testing to Launch services, LEOP to spacecraft operations, space surveillance to data management, and supporting downstream application development. With over 55 years history in the space sector Serco is well placed to contribute to National strategies and New Space ventures who want to scale their businesses/organizations with skilled talent.
We are seeking a Mechanical Design Office Engineer to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC) in the Netherlands. This is a fantastic opportunity to get into one of the most sought after space agencies in the world. The support period is from 01/09/2023 to 31/12/2024.
- Design of electro-mechanical test instrumentation in coordination with colleagues of the Electronic Design Office.
- Support to the implementation of the procurement plan of the Test Centre Division, by taking care of collecting and consolidating requirements, assess feasibility and initiate procurement/contractual actions.
- Support to the procurement of mechanical and electro-mechanical equipment for the ESTEC Test Centre, including the drafting of statement of work and technical specifications. Participation in design reviews, supervision of manufacturing and progress meetings.
- Support to the development and maintenance of the 3D CAD models of the ESTEC Test Centre facilities.
- Support to the ESTEC Test Centre investment, maintenance and study activities in the mechanical domain.
- Master´s degree in Mechanical engineering.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Hands-on capabilities in integrating and testing measurement systems.
- Working experience with CATIA V5 or 3D Experience is required.
- Knowledge of Nastran/Patran is an asset.
- The candidate is expected to be able to work independently in the exploitation of his/her tasks, when not required differently.
- Presence on site is expected for the whole duration of the Support Period.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities.
- Comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary.
- Corporate Benefits Package.
- Support provided on relocation – Information available upon request.
- Company Events.