Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management
About this job
Serco is a leading Space Services Provider with thousands of skilled resources that has supported over 50 space missions on behalf of more than 10 Space or Government agencies around the globe, including the ESA and NASA. Serco offers space capability across the full space lifecycle from satellite testing to Launch services, LEOP to spacecraft operations, space surveillance to data management, and supporting downstream application development. With over 55 years history in the space sector Serco is well placed to contribute to National strategies and New Space ventures who want to scale their businesses/organizations with skilled talent.
We are seeking a Resources Controller to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC) in the Netherlands. This is a fantastic opportunity to get into one of the most sought after space agencies in the world.
Budget Support & Control
It covers support to the planning, monitoring and operations of the BU’s financial resources (i.e. budgets, costs and disbursement) and to ensuring the overall coherence with the BU’s activities. It includes in particular support to:
- Coordination and consolidation of long-term strategic outline of financial resources, including multi-years resource planning (LTP, MYP), establishing financial baselines for next year and maintenance of in-year plans, covering commitment ceiling, costs and disbursements, and including manpower, missions, procurements and recharges.
- Elaboration of recharge rates for the Cost Centres of the BU, controlling of their overall financial balance, contribution to the recharging process.
- Monitoring and controlling of the financial resources versus plans, identifying deviations w.r.t. plans/targets and producing related reports to the responsible management, etc.
- Performing related data analysis and performance assessment in year and multi-years, elaborating related BU and activity level KPIs, etc.
- Maintaining related master data for the BU such as WBS, Analysis/Cost Centres.
- Monitoring utilisation of commitment ceiling for BU funds and fund centres and taking necessary actions vis-à-vis Finance Department to redistribute allocations as required.
- Contributing to the overall efficiency of related processes and tools, and to coherence
- and quality of related data.
- Contribution to the definition of new and improvement of existing related processes and tools and production of related documents. Assisting in the definition, preparation, implementation and maintenance of management support tools to ensure efficient, execution of the related tasks.
- Acting as the Directorate’s interface to the Finance Department at ESTEC and with other corporate services as appropriate; Liaison with Contract, Budget and Payment
- Officers to ensure the coherence of the internal and external administrative data.
Manpower Support & Control:
Reporting to the Head of the HR Competence and Policy Centre, with ahigh degree of autonomy, the post holder will be in charge of:
- Support in the management of the Directorate’s resources and technical infrastructure.
- Implementing and operating uniform procedures and information systems for the management and control of activities, ensuring proper coherence and quality of data; participating in the definition of efficient processes, methods and tools, with particular emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Monitoring a variety of HR processes such as recruitment, competency evolution and succession planning.
- Maintaining and further automatising the regular HR reports built in Success Factors and SAP ERP.
- Maintaining and further building our Power BI reporting infrastructure on HR related data.
- Analysing large data sets for patterns, visualize results in dashboards and presentations.
- Support in generating insights, projections and data models on people analytics projects for reports to the governing bodies of ESA, such as the Administrative and Financial Committee (AFC) and other internal stakeholders.
- Drive self-service business intelligence by empowering users to adopt existing BI tools (Power BI, Success Factors reporting) by improving the data landscape and educating users.
In addition, the post holder will support the annual performance management process by actively performing certain back-office activities, and by providing support on reporting and further automatization of the overall process.
- Master’s in engineering or equivalent or MBA or equivalent University degree from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration, with relevant experience.
- Proven experience in data analytics, good analytical mindset and attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of Business Intelligence tools (we work with Power BI, SAP SuccessFactors, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP ERP HR).
- Experience with translating data into compelling data visualizations.
- Ability to translate requirements from business stakeholders to IT colleagues.
- Excellent sense of discretion and confidentiality.
- Very good communication skills, in particular as regards the preparation of clear presentations in English. Knowledge of other languages would be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment .
- Problem solving mind set and high capacity to deliver are highly considered.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
Within Serco we believe there is a place here for everyone. Diversity & Inclusion at Serco is based on a culture where every voice is heard, and every employee feels valued. Working together as one team, we can enhance the experience of our people and teams, improve the value of our solutions to better serve the missions of our customers, and make a difference in our world. We are enthusiastic and passionate about our work which is infectious. We allow our employees to take responsibility for their work and promote a positive working culture.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary.
- Corporate Benefits Package.
- Support provided on relocation – Information available upon request.
- Company Events.