Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Serco is a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
Dedicated to the European Space Agency’s Earth-observing activities, ESA-ESRIN is the European centre of excellence for exploitation of Earth observation missions. The mission and payload operations of ESA’s Earth observation satellites are managed here, and ESRIN is the primary source for the acquisition, distribution, and exploitation of data from these and other non-ESA satellites.
We are seeking an AIV Engineer for Biomass PDGS phase to join our multi-cultural team in Frascati, Italy.
You will be involved in activities aimed at providing management and specialised engineering support to the Biomass Payload Data Ground Segment (PDGS) Manager. The activity scope includes PDGS Integration and Validation phase, GS Integration and Validation phase, and Launch preparation and Commissioning phase.
- Preparation and maintenance of the PDGS Integration and Validation Test Plan and Specification
- Contribution to the preparation of test procedures and test scripts
- Coordination and execution of the PDGS Integration and Validation tests
- Analysis of the PDGS Integration and Validation test results and generation of test reports
- Contribution to test readiness reviews and test review boards
- Support in generating GS Validation plan and procedures
- Preparation, organisation, and execution of the GS Validation test
- Support to the analysis and reporting of the GS Validation test results
- Participation in the GS test readiness reviews and test review boards
- Support to the management of the Anomaly Reports resulting from the test execution, and coordination of the implementation of the mitigation actions
- Support to the management of the operators training and contributing to the preparations of operational and training documentation
- Support to the definition and documentation of the PDGS Commissioning Implementation Plan
- Support to the preparation and execution of PDGS commissioning activities
- Support to the preparation of the launch and implementation of rehearsal activities
- PDGS system behaviour monitoring and reporting during commissioning
- Support to preparation of the Operational set-up for phase E2 and for the PDGS Transfer to Operations
- Generation of technical notes whenever needed during the Project lifetime
- Operations of the various supporting tools (Documentation Management Systems)
- Participation to Ground Segment reviews and PDGS reviews organised either by ESA or by industry
- Ad-hoc development of tools for the accomplishment of the PDGS testing and validation
- University degree or equivalent in Engineering
- Strong experience in Integration and Validation test activities, preferably in the Earth Observation Ground Segment field
- Good ability to plan and follow schedule of testing activity
- Experience in System and Software anomalies management: reporting, analysis, classification, and resolution
- Experience or knowledge of the ECSS standards and as an asset documentation and configuration control management techniques
- Experience or knowledge of ECSS standards
- Programming skills (for developing tools for the accomplishment of the PDGS testing and validation)
Nice to have:
- Documentation and configuration control management techniques
- Knowledge of ESA Earth Explorers missions (and instruments) and processes related to their PDGS development
What we offer:
Within Serco we believe there is a place here for everyone. Diversity & Inclusion at Serco is based on a culture where every voice is heard, and every employee feels valued. Working together as one team, we can enhance the experience of our people and teams, improve the value of our solutions to better serve the missions of our customers, and make a difference in our world. We are enthusiastic and passionate about our work which is infectious. We allow our employees to take responsibility for their work and promote a positive working culture.
- An exciting, inspiring, international, and ambitious working environment
- Training and development opportunities
- Career progression
- Highly competitive salaries considering your skills and personal value to the company
- Summer and Christmas parties
We will give you the platform and guidance to progress your career quickly whilst rewarding you at the same time.
If the provided information caught your eye and you are keen on proceeding with the application, you should provide us:
- Latest CV
- Your availability
- Current and expected salary