Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering
About this job
Serco is a leading Space Services Provider with thousands of skilled resources that has supported over 50 space missions on behalf of more than 10 Space or Government agencies around the globe, including the ESA and NASA. Serco offers space capability across the full space lifecycle from satellite testing to Launch services, LEOP to spacecraft operations, space surveillance to data management, and supporting downstream application development. With over 55 years history in the space sector Serco is well placed to contribute to National strategies and New Space ventures who want to scale their businesses/organizations with skilled talent.
We are seeking an Engineer for GCS Networks to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC) in the Netherlands. This is a fantastic opportunity to get into one of the most sought after space agencies in the world.
- Be responsible of supporting and following up the procurement carried out by the Ground Control Segment (GCS) Prime industrial contractor for the Network elements
- Interface with other areas of the project on Network related topics
- Support the preparation of G2G Procurement actions in the area of Networks
- Report on progress and status of the development and other activities to the Head of Galileo G1 GCS Management Service.
- Master degree in engineering
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience
- Must be eligible for a Personal Security Clearances (PSC) from a country within the EU, issued by their national security administration(s)
- Knowledge of IT technology (including virtualization) and Networks
- Knowledge and experience of the design and performance of satellite communications systems
- Knowledge and experience of Satellite Control and Monitoring Systems including its operations, architecture, and implementation
- Knowledge of the development, test, and verification as well as deployment of ground segments
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities
- Comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary.
- Corporate Benefits Package.
- Support provided on relocation – Information available upon request.
- Company Events.