Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering
About this job
Serco is a leading Space Services Provider with thousands of skilled resources that has supported over 50 space missions on behalf of more than 10 Space or Government agencies around the globe, including the ESA and NASA. In Europe, we offer and execute strong support mainly to the public Space Agencies, such as ESA, EUMETSAT, CNES and many more…
Our Europe Space Bid pipeline developed a strong need for Solution and Enterprise Architecture Experts that have amazing understanding of the market and customer requirements, so to develop solutions for Serco and new propositions. In particular, the focus is on the Architecture of our Earth Observation and Navigation related services.
With this in mind, we are seeking European-based Space Solution Architects that will be responsible for developing elements of bid-winning solutions for the European division. You would contribute to the development of valuable propositions that meet our customers’ requirements, leading to successful outcomes.
You would have the chance to work and win on large and medium sized bids and proposals throughout our Space business, while working side-by-side with our teams of Operational Leads, Subject Matter Experts, Bid Directors, Bid Managers and many “horizontal” resources, third-party organizations such as supply chain partners or specialist suppliers.
- Support work in the area of designing ground segment system or sub-system solutions for end-to-end services and operations.
- Systems Engineering & Enterprise Architecture
- Support elaboration of value chains and system architecture for Ground Segments services and solutions
- Contribute to designing solutions for major bids using Systems Engineering & Solution/ Enterprise Architecture approaches
- Use systems engineering approaches; for example, COAD, TOGAF, MODAF, Soft Systems etc to develop or Enterprise Architectures
- Requirements Capture including assisting the running of interactive customer workshops
- Conduct, as needed: Functional analysis and design, Design of the overall system concept, System level technical budgets, System performance analysis, Definition of data processing, and interfaces between payload/platform and ground segment services
- Assist the development of the overall vision, high level architectural design and Target Operating Model (TOM) for the bid, project, or programme
- Proposition Development and Bidding
- Introduce innovation that will differentiate Serco’s propositions in a crowded market place (Earth Observation, Artificial Intelligence, Ground Segment Systems)
- Assist with the development of solutions and value propositions in current, new & emerging areas; for example, Engineering, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) and live/synthetic training, etc
- Help to ensure compliance to the Serco Business Lifecycle governance processes and that the ‘best brains’ critically review the solution (technical, commercial, financial, and written) and benchmark where appropriate
- Assist the management of the solution budget for major opportunities, ensuring compliance and effective optimum utilisation of resources
- Participate in competitor analysis to assess strength of Serco solution and allocate Pwin.
- MSc, or equivalent qualification, in a relevant technical or scientific discipline, Systems Engineering/Solution or Enterprise Architecture experience desirable
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in the Earth Observation or Navigation domains
- Experience in business development for public or private sector service providers with demonstrated growth success
- Experience with relevant standards and management processes (ECSS standards)
- Experience of all aspects of Business Process Re-engineering
- Fluent in English language is essential, French would be a strong advantage
- Good general knowledge of Space Ground segment solutions (focus on Earth Observation and/or Navigation)
- Strong and demonstrated background in space system engineering and Ground Segment architecture design (in particular for Earth Observation and/or Navigation) missions
- Experience in space projects and/or in preparatory activities (focus on phase C and D and E)
- Remote sensing techniques with proven experience in in the preparation of ground segment documentation relating to requirements engineering, design, and IV&V planning and execution.
- Good understanding of Systems Engineering approaches, including Solution and Enterprise Architecture; ability to maintain a system overview
- Understanding of ICT technologies and solutions
- Good analytical skills with ability to assimilate information quickly, and communicate key messages simply and effectively to the business to aid decision making
- Proficiency in written and spoken English: able to explain complex technical constructs with ease. Ability to write compelling technical and bid solution is essential
- Good negotiation and presentation skills (through participation in Competitive Dialogue or other OJEU processes)
- Demonstrates exceptional communication skills to include interpersonal, written, staff level and executive level business briefings
- Effective management of self with track record of involvement in change in complex and demanding environments, interacting with individuals at all levels of the organisation
- Methodical and proactive, with initiative and capability to work autonomously
- Problem-solving and creativity-oriented attitude
- Good commercial judgment and financial literacy.
What we offer:
Within Serco we believe there is a place here for everyone. Diversity & Inclusion at Serco is based on a culture where every voice is heard, and every employee feels valued. Working together as one team, we can enhance the experience of our people and teams, improve the value of our solutions to better serve the missions of our customers, and make a difference in our world. We are enthusiastic and passionate about our work which is infectious. We allow our employees to take responsibility for their work and promote a positive working culture.
- An exciting, inspiring, international, and ambitious working environment
- Training and development opportunities
- Career progression
- Paid holiday
- Highly competitive salaries considering your skills and personal value to the company
- Pension schemes
- Summer and Christmas parties
We will give you the platform and guidance to progress your career quickly whilst rewarding you at the same time.