Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Serco is a leading Space Services Provider with thousands of skilled resources that has supported over 50 space missions on behalf of more than 10 Space or Government agencies around the globe, including the ESA and NASA. Serco offers space capability across the full space lifecycle from satellite testing to Launch services, LEOP to spacecraft operations, space surveillance to data management, and supporting downstream application development. With over 55 years history in the space sector Serco is well placed to contribute to National strategies and New Space ventures who want to scale their businesses/organizations with skilled talent.
On behalf of our customer EUMETSAT, we are looking for a User Helpdesk Operator to join our team and work on site at our client, in Darmstadt.
The User Helpdesk Support is an essential interface to the external user community and a key element supporting the enhancement of EUMETSAT’s reputation in the eyes of its external users. The main aim of the User Helpdesk Support is to provide a one-stop-shop for EUMETSAT’s user community by providing an enquiry processing and user registration service. The ideal candidate shall perform the day-to-day activities of the User Helpdesk at EUMETSAT.
The position is offered as a fixed-term contract until 30/06/2025.
User Enquiry Tasks:
- Registering and tracking user enquiries using a database system;
- Corresponding with EUMETSAT’s user community primarily by e-mail and occasionally by telephone to assist users with their enquiries:
- Responding directly to the user for simple (off-the-shelf) enquiries in accordance with agreed service specifications and working practice;
- Assigning internal and external actionees (experts) to provide input for detailed (bespoke) enquiries;
- Relaying and reformatting the feedback from actionees to the end user and conveying received user feedback to the appointed actionee;
- Interacting with external helpdesk services within partner organisations to transfer and to receive user enquiries;
- Monitoring the progress of the all open enquiries until completion, i.e. following up with actionees on their assigned tickets.
User Registration Tasks:
- Registering users of data services in a database and assigning services to these users as per their registration;
- Interacting with experts in the Legal Affairs and Finance Divisions where relevant (i.e. as part of the data licensing and decryption hardware and software payment process);
- Dispatching decryption hardware and software to users;
- Monitoring the progress of all open registrations until completion.
Provision of imagery and analysis support to the International Charter Space and Major Disasters:
- Circulating incoming requests for satellite imagery to the relevant internal teams;
- Uploading the resulting imagery to the Charter online tool;
- Assisting in the recording of Charter Project Manager feedback and Charter end user feedback.
User Interaction Administration Tasks:
- Recording and filing correspondence and documentation related to user interactions;
- Maintaining the content of reports used for analysing user enquiries against agreed service level targets;
- Maintaining the user contact details and profiles in databases and registration systems and providing inputs to future enhancements of these systems;
- Assisting in the preparation of customer surveys and the recording of results;
- Maintaining User Service Helpdesk working practice documentation.
Attendance at Daily Operations Meetings:
- Attending operational morning briefings to be aware of events/anomalies effecting the EUMETSAT operational services and to report, as needed, on user feedback received relating to these events/anomalies.
The activities of the User Helpdesk Support will involve a significant amount of liaison with other personnel at EUMETSAT as well as partner organisations.
- Proven experience in using MS Office, including familiarity with the use of MS Word, MS Excel spreadsheets and MS Outlook.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English.
- Experience in working within a team.
- Experience in working as a first-line interface with customers, including responding to customer questions.
- Experience in using a ticketing tool or equivalent to record customer enquiries or feedback.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to ensure responses to customers are handled in a professional manner.
Within Serco we believe there is a place here for everyone. Diversity & Inclusion at Serco is based on a culture where every voice is heard, and every employee feels valued. Working together as one team, we can enhance the experience of our people and teams, improve the value of our solutions to better serve the missions of our customers, and make a difference in our world. We are enthusiastic and passionate about our work which is infectious. We allow our employees to take responsibility for their work and promote a positive working culture.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary.
- Corporate Benefits Package.
- Support provided on relocation – Information available upon request.
- Company Events.