Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Serco is a leading Space Services Provider with thousands of skilled resources that has supported over 50 space missions on behalf of more than 10 Space or Government agencies around the globe, including the ESA and NASA. Serco offers space capability across the full space lifecycle from satellite testing to Launch services, LEOP to spacecraft operations, space surveillance to data management, and supporting downstream application development. With over 55 years history in the space sector Serco is well placed to contribute to National strategies and New Space ventures who want to scale their businesses/organizations with skilled talent.
Are you ready to be the right hand to space exploration? We’re looking for a Secretary/Administrative Assistant to join our team at the ESA-ECSAT site in Harwell, UK. This is your chance to be part of one of the world’s most prestigious space agencies. This position offers support from 03/11/2023 to 31/12/2024. If you’re eager to dive into the exciting world of space and be a crucial part of our team, we want to hear from you!
- Supporting the Line Managers and teams in the preparation and follow up of administrative, organisational and contractual matters.
- Planning/coordinating the commitments and meetings, organizing calendar and keeping the Line Managers informed on all issues of concern
- Supervising the preparation of files for such meetings and any special subjects.
- Answering incoming calls and performing a pre-screening of these calls for direct connection with the Line Managers or for reply at a later time.
- Keeping organised records of these calls and checking closure and follow up.
- Analysing incoming mail- paper and e-mail – and presenting these data in an organised and prioritised manner.
- Ensuring that important and urgent mail reaches staff to insure timely responses.
- Ensuring the diffusion of information for the Teams.
- Preparation of staff missions and travel arrangements.
- Coordinating actions with other secretaries of the Department/ Division.
- Administrative support Coverage for other units when colleagues are on leave.
- Composing routine correspondence and keeping a filing system for incoming/outgoing mail.
- Generating documents and textual and graphics presentations.
- Check for correct authorisation, substantiating documentation and adherence to Agency rules and practice (ref. leave, mission, conference, authorisation with regards to Staff Rules and Regulations, as well as financial procedures).
- For the execution of the tasks the candidate will be expected to use related ESA Corporate software tools and documentation systems
- Administering and maintaining the office documentation systems.
- Setting up the folder structure, registration, filing and distribution of correspondence and other documentation processed.
- Follow up of teams’ actions.
- On personal initiative or on instructions, collecting information and documents necessary for the teams to take actions on given issues.
- Interfacing and providing support to teams on administrative matters related to use of the relevant systems.
- Coordination with Facility Management for local, on-site support (e.g. staff and contractors TUD/leaving/relocating)
- Participating to Events organization.
- Vocational Degree or equivalent.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Administrative assistant experience at executive level and in an international context.
- Highly proficient with modern electronics office automation tools in particular Microsoft Office suite and electronic mailing (preferably Lotus Notes).
- A good knowledge of the various ESA tools (i.a. MAS, ESA-P) is welcomed.
- Strong command of the English language.
- Knowledge of another European language is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of working methods in the space/telecommunications sector is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of SAP can be an asset.
- It is important to note that this position requires a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as very good qualities of order, method, tact, initiative, and in particular discretion are required.
- A proficiency in the use of the Agency’s information systems and tools (ESAP, Eclipse) is required.
- Familiarity with ESA working environment in a similar position is a distinct advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
Within Serco we believe there is a place here for everyone. Diversity & Inclusion at Serco is based on a culture where every voice is heard, and every employee feels valued. Working together as one team, we can enhance the experience of our people and teams, improve the value of our solutions to better serve the missions of our customers, and make a difference in our world. We are enthusiastic and passionate about our work which is infectious. We allow our employees to take responsibility for their work and promote a positive working culture.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary.
- Corporate Benefits Package.
- Support provided on relocation – Information available upon request.
- Company Events.