Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Serco is a leading Space Services Provider with thousands of skilled resources that has supported over 50 space missions on behalf of more than 10 Space or Government agencies around the globe, including the ESA and NASA. Serco offers space capability across the full space lifecycle from satellite testing to Launch services, LEOP to spacecraft operations, space surveillance to data management, and supporting downstream application development. With over 55 years history in the space sector Serco is well placed to contribute to National strategies and New Space ventures who want to scale their businesses/organizations with skilled talent. Are you ready to be the right hand to space exploration?
We’re looking for a Secretary/Administrative Assistant to join our team at the ESA-ESTEC site in the Netherlands. This is your chance to be part of one of the world’s most prestigious space agencies. If you’re eager to dive into the exciting world of space and be a crucial part of our team, we want to hear from you!
Please note that this role provides a 6-month support contract with potential for renewal.
- Support to the Project Review Process.
- Support to visitor service: including access control, preparing visa applications, distribution of information material.
- ESA site administration: including periodical update (e.g. daily) of site schedule, updating and distribution of the site telephone list.
- Data collection, extraction from various Corporate applications (e.g. SAP, PRISMA) and from various internal sources and data consistency checking and coherence analysis.
- Day-to-day support to Head of Division and Division’s personnel regarding business travel arrangements, leave management, coordination of training.
- Provision of logistic support to all the Division, in particular for arrivals of personnel (office, phone, computer, security, access to databases, information systems) and departures (deregistration, etc.) and for the organisation of on-site and off-site working.
- Ordering of office supplies and maintenance of stationary.
- Room and resources bookings for meetings and/or events falling under the responsibility of the Division.
- Maintaining and following up actions lists and taking minutes of coordination meetings and others upon request.
- Support to organisation of events (e.g. workshops, conferences) as required.
- Participation to the preparation and the publication of internal and external documents, including editing and proofreading.
- Vocational Degree or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken; knowledge of another official ESA language is and asset.
- For site specific functions fluent knowledge of the local national language is considered an asset.
- Highly proficient with modern electronics office automation tools in particular Microsoft Office suite and electronic mailing (preferably Lotus Notes).
- Familiar with SharePoint and Eclipse systems.
- Demonstrated interest in experimenting with new IT tools is considered a valuable asset.
- Familiarity with ESA working environment in a similar position is a distinct advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
Within Serco we believe there is a place here for everyone. Diversity & Inclusion at Serco is based on a culture where every voice is heard, and every employee feels valued. Working together as one team, we can enhance the experience of our people and teams, improve the value of our solutions to better serve the missions of our customers, and make a difference in our world. We are enthusiastic and passionate about our work which is infectious. We allow our employees to take responsibility for their work and promote a positive working culture.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary.
- Corporate Benefits Package.
- Support provided on relocation – Information available upon request.
- Company Events.
Contact: Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible to email@example.com
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.