Field(s) of expertise
Navigation Engineering Electronics Engineering
About this job
Serco is a leading Space Services Provider with thousands of skilled resources that has supported over 50 space missions on behalf of more than 10 Space or Government agencies around the globe, including the ESA and NASA. Serco offers space capability across the full space lifecycle from satellite testing to Launch services, LEOP to spacecraft operations, space surveillance to data management, and supporting downstream application development. With over 55 years history in the space sector Serco is well placed to contribute to National strategies and New Space ventures who want to scale their businesses/organizations with skilled talent.
Are you a super skilled Radio Navigation Engineer? Do you dream of working at ESA-ESTEC, the fabulous hub of space exploration in the Netherlands? Look no further! We are on the hunt for an exceptional talent to join our team and be a part of one of the most highly esteemed space agencies globally.
- Support to Navigation Projects (e.g. EGNOS and GALILEO) and R&D activities in the fields of system and receivers performances in a hybrid PNT framework (GNSS, fused PVT with inertial sensors, PPP, alternative PNT systems – LEO-PNT, use of terrestrial signals for positioning, etc.).
- Participation in studies supporting current and future PNT systems definition and/or analysis, in particular for what concerns system performances and receiver algorithms (signal processing, advanced hybrid PNT algorithms and mitigation of local impairments) for improved availability, reliability and resilience.
- Design, definition and follow up of industrial contracts related to the afore mentioned topics, including R&D activities and./or procurement of PNT testbeds and receivers for infrastructure, ground or usertechnologies / user segments
- Support design, implementation, maintenance and operation of Radio Navigation equipment, complex Radio Navigation simulation tools and test facilities for testing features (end-to-end performances, receivers, etc.) in the aforementioned activities. This includes participation to testing campaigns and validation phases of complex radio navigation systems as part of the support to the TEC Navigation Laboratory for the design, implementation and operation of complex testing setups
- University degree (MSc minimum) in telecommunications, electronic engineering, aerospace engineering or computer science, as well as experience in the following fields.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience in telecommunications and signal processing or electronic engineering, including direct experience on GNSS.
- Proven knowledge of project management techniques, system engineering processes, system development lifecycle (e.g. V model, Agile), project execution and follow up.
- Specific knowledge on Satellite Radio Navigation Systems, acquisition, tracking, ranging and positioning techniques and technologies, including architectures of multi-GNSS receivers, techniques for fast time to fix, high accuracy positioning (RTK, PPP) and robust positioning, navigation and timing.
- Experience in the implementation, maintenance and operation of complex Radio Navigation processing, simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile applications.
- The following competencies would be considered an asset: proven knowledge and hands-on experience on processing and testing techniques for LEO-based positioning systems
- Knowledge on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning and their applications to radio navigation and/or earth observation.
- Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities.
- Comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Ability to work independently and establish good working relations with relevant actors in ESA and Industry.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
Within Serco we believe there is a place here for everyone. Diversity & Inclusion at Serco is based on a culture where every voice is heard, and every employee feels valued. Working together as one team, we can enhance the experience of our people and teams, improve the value of our solutions to better serve the missions of our customers, and make a difference in our world. We are enthusiastic and passionate about our work which is infectious. We allow our employees to take responsibility for their work and promote a positive working culture.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary.
- Corporate Benefits Package.
- Support provided on relocation – Information available upon request.
- Company Events.