Field(s) of expertise
Telecommunications Engineering Electronics Engineering Space Systems Engineering
About this job
Serco is a leading Space Services Provider with thousands of skilled resources that has supported over 50 space missions on behalf of more than 10 Space or Government agencies around the globe, including the ESA and NASA. Serco offers space capability across the full space lifecycle from satellite testing to Launch services, LEOP to spacecraft operations, space surveillance to data management, and supporting downstream application development. With over 55 years history in the space sector Serco is well placed to contribute to National strategies and New Space ventures who want to scale their businesses/organizations with skilled talent.
Embark on an extraordinary journey as a Communication Systems & Technologies Engineer where you’ll unleash your potential on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC) in the Netherlands. Join the elite league of space enthusiasts and discover opportunities in one of the world’s most revered space agencies.
- Assistance in preparation of invitation to tenders related to ESA R&D.
- Activities and contracts technical follow-up.
- Specific engineering support to space projects developed by ESA and/or by major European industries/operators.
- Validation of designs by means of analyses, simulations, laboratory testing and field trials (possibly) in co-operation with third parties).
- Design, implementation and testing tasks for technological projects.
- Support the management of industrial R&D activities in the areas of : i) satellite modem physical and link layer analysis, design, prototyping and testing; ii) SATCOM Systems and network analysis and simulations with particular emphasis on MAC and Network layer aspects.
- Support internal hands-on technical analysis on subjects related to future SATCOM systems.
- Support the preparation of the section R&D technology roadmaps in the area of satellite telecom network protocols, architectures and systems.
- Coordinate telecom networking R&D activities of stagiaires and YGT within the section.
- Master’s degree in electrical, computer or telecommunications engineering.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience.
- Solid background on modem technologies and architectures.
- Knowledge of SATCOM systems and networks on physical layer and above together with familiarity with link layer computes simulations and programming languages is required.
- Good technical background in telecommunication engineering and of the main satellite and terrestrial standards is considered an asset.
- A few years of work experience in the field of complex digital communications systems and networks is preferred.
- Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Problem solving mind set and high capacity to deliver are highly considered.
- Proficient in the english language, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset.
Within Serco we believe there is a place here for everyone. Diversity & Inclusion at Serco is based on a culture where every voice is heard, and every employee feels valued. Working together as one team, we can enhance the experience of our people and teams, improve the value of our solutions to better serve the missions of our customers, and make a difference in our world. We are enthusiastic and passionate about our work which is infectious. We allow our employees to take responsibility for their work and promote a positive working culture.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary.
- Corporate Benefits Package.
- Support provided on relocation – Information available upon request.
- Company Events.