Field(s) of expertise
Aerospace Engineering Earth Observation
About this job
Serco is a leading Space Services Provider with thousands of skilled resources that has supported over 50 space missions on behalf of more than 10 Space or Government agencies around the globe, including the ESA and NASA. Serco offers space capability across the full space lifecycle from satellite testing to Launch services, LEOP to spacecraft operations, space surveillance to data management, and supporting downstream application development. With over 55 years history in the space sector Serco is well placed to contribute to National strategies and New Space ventures who want to scale their businesses/organizations with skilled talent.
We are looking for a dynamic Antenna & Sub-Millimetre Waves Engineer to join our team at the esteemed ESA-ESTEC site in the scenic Netherlands. Step into a remarkable role that grants you access to one of the globe’s highly coveted space agencies – an opportunity that launches your career into orbit!
- Support Antenna Test campaigns within the ESTEC Antenna Laboratory, including test definition and preparation, test execution and delivery of data/test report to the customer.
- Perform testing activities in Spherical, Planar, Cylindrical Near Field, Compact Range and Material RF Characterisation facilities, including test plans and test setup preparation, operation of the test ranges and analysis of test results.
- Perform research testing activities that challenge the current state-of-the-art in space antenna testing, aiming at enabling new testing capabilities and fulfil the needs of future ESA space missions in all space applications (Earth Observation, Navigation, Science, Telecommunications, Human Space Flight and Space Transportation).
- Support the Antenna Laboratory Maintenance and Equipment Calibration activities.
- Support to Antenna Design and Modelling activities.
- Hands-on antenna modelling and testing support to projects.
- Providing expert technical support to ESA projects, programmes and general studies throughout all project phases, specifically in the field of TT&C, PDT or Navigation antennas.
- Participating in project reviews and performing “in-house” design an trade-offs to support project-specific technology developments.
- Defining, initiating and monitoring R&D activities covering both long and short- needs, specifically antennas.
- Monitoring applicable scientific and technological trends and maintaining state-of-the-art expertise in TT&C, PDT or Navigation antenna.
- Master’s degree in Engineering.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience.
- General background in antenna technologies and experience in antenna testing (preferably in the space domain).
- Good working knowledge of Near and Far field antenna testing systems.
- Capability for performing activities related to all aspects of radiative antenna testing and integration of antenna systems in an autonomous way.
- Experience in maintenance and calibration of general RF antenna laboratory test equipment and instrumentation.
- Experience with handling of space hardware is considered an asset.
- Good working knowledge on antenna systems and design approaches.
- Good working knowledge on latest antenna design and modelling software tools.
- Experience in: TT&C and PDT architectures and technologies as applied to space or Navigation architectures and technologies as applied to space.
- Knowledge of antenna Space constraints at RF, mechanical, thermal and environmental levels gained from the handling of Flight Model development or R&D development at high TRL level.
- Knowledge of antenna industrial manufacturing, testing processes, architecture and technologies.
- Expertise in using antenna modelling tools (Ticra Tools, HFSS, CST).
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities.
- Comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Ability to work independently and establish good working relations with relevant actors in ESA and Industry.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset.
Within Serco we believe there is a place here for everyone. Diversity & Inclusion at Serco is based on a culture where every voice is heard, and every employee feels valued. Working together as one team, we can enhance the experience of our people and teams, improve the value of our solutions to better serve the missions of our customers, and make a difference in our world. We are enthusiastic and passionate about our work which is infectious. We allow our employees to take responsibility for their work and promote a positive working culture.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary.
- Corporate Benefits Package.
- Support provided on relocation – Information available upon request.
- Company Events.
Contact: Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than 07/12/2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.