Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Serco is a leading Space Services Provider with thousands of skilled resources that has supported over 50 space missions on behalf of more than 10 Space or Government agencies around the globe, including the ESA and NASA. Serco offers space capability across the full space lifecycle from satellite testing to Launch services, LEOP to spacecraft operations, space surveillance to data management, and supporting downstream application development. With over 55 years history in the space sector Serco is well placed to contribute to National strategies and New Space ventures who want to scale their businesses/organizations with skilled talent.
We are seeking for a Secretary / Administrative Assistant to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC) in the Netherlands. The candidate will take care of Administrative Assistance for the National Programmes within the Earth Observation Projects Department, reporting to the Programme Manager and supporting the Programme Manager as well as the related Project Managers.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get into one of the most sought after space agencies in the world. The support period for this position is starting from 01/12/2023 to 31/12/2024.
- Programme Secretarial duties, including formal letter preparation, handling email/mail/calls/messages, appointments and staff mission administration.
- Typing and preparation of correspondence, finalisation of official meeting minutes, reports, etc.
- Workflows and pipelines associated with incoming mail (physical and email boxes), Microsoft Teams, Webex meetings/videoconferencing.
- Telephone call management including call registration and documentation, appointment management and configuration, and management of meeting room bookings.
- Maintenance and management of information and databases in Sharepoint teamsite, ECLIPSE system and other tools as required.
- Staff Mission (travel) administration and monitoring of finances/travel budget and spend profile.
- Vocational Degree or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another member state language is considered an asset.
- High degree of flexibility and self-motivation to work in a fast-paced environment with good organisation, strategic planning, discipline and independence.
- Management skill to manage and mitigate short-term logistical problems.
- Responsible, discrete, dependable, reliable.
- Highly proficient in Office365 (incl. Word, Excel, Sharepoint, Outlook) and other personal computer software.
- Experience of sharepoint systems.
- SAP knowledge can be considered as an asset.
- Good intrapersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work quickly and cope with deadlines, short-term reorganisation, pressure and work in a diverse team.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships within ESA across establishments, and with external organisations.
- For site specific functions fluent knowledge of the local national language is considered an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
Within Serco we believe there is a place here for everyone. Diversity & Inclusion at Serco is based on a culture where every voice is heard, and every employee feels valued. Working together as one team, we can enhance the experience of our people and teams, improve the value of our solutions to better serve the missions of our customers, and make a difference in our world. We are enthusiastic and passionate about our work which is infectious. We allow our employees to take responsibility for their work and promote a positive working culture.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary.
- Corporate Benefits Package.
- Support provided on relocation – Information available upon request.
- Company Events.