Field(s) of expertise
Software Engineering Information Technology
About this job
Serco is a leading Space Services Provider with thousands of skilled resources that has supported over 50 space missions on behalf of more than 10 Space or Government agencies around the globe, including the ESA and NASA. Serco offers space capability across the full space lifecycle from satellite testing to Launch services, LEOP to spacecraft operations, space surveillance to data management, and supporting downstream application development. With over 55 years history in the space sector Serco is well placed to contribute to National strategies and New Space ventures who want to scale their businesses/organizations with skilled talent.
Coding solutions that transcend limitations could be your next job. We are seeking a Oracle / APEX Developer to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC) in the Netherlands. This is a fantastic opportunity to get into one of the most sought after space agencies in the world.
- Support product owners in producing software requirements.
- Implementation of software requirements under the current architectural design in agreement with the best software engineering practices and ESA.
- Documentation of software implementations, upgrades and migrations.
- Maintenance of software implementations, changes, upgrades and migrations in the related source code management tool.
- Maintenance of the current development, testing and production environment in relation with the developed software.
- Orchestrate and perform unit testing and user acceptance sessions prior to any release related to the developed software.
- Support user community on their day-to-day operations related to the developed software.
- Liaise with the team members and external teams for interfaces and implementations related to the developed software.
- Organize and/or attend team or external meetings, related with the implementation, evolution and support of the developed software.
- Interest in low-code platforms and particularly experience with Oracle APEX.
- Continuously seek to manage and utilize Oracle DB products and platform more efficiently.
- Capable of writing ad-hoc SQL queries to database systems to extract data for custom user requests.
- Experience with PL/SQL.
- Evaluate, recommend, install, test, upgrade, and maintain existing or proposed systems to structure and access database.
- Experience in designing entity models and implementing them in RDBMS.
- Follow engineering best-practices when designing systems.
- Knowledge and experience with Software Development and Design patterns / best practices.
- Experience designing and implementing interfaces between applications / systems (REST Web Services, not limited to).
- Familiarity with Agile software development practices.
- Good knowledge of version control systems, particularly Git in combination with Gitlab.
- Clear verbal and written communication.
- Ability to support users directly either through phone calls or e-mails.
- Capable of clear and accurate written and verbal communications.
Nice to have:
- Experience in database and query tuning / performance.
- Experience setting up own application platform environment (installation and configuration of Database, Web Server.).
- Identify opportunities to maintain and optimize database performance (maybe nice to have).
- Experience with Dev-ops methodologies and concepts
- Good documentation / writing skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office platform (Excel, Word, ..)
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Problem solving mind set and high capacity to deliver are highly considered.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
Within Serco we believe there is a place here for everyone. Diversity & Inclusion at Serco is based on a culture where every voice is heard, and every employee feels valued. Working together as one team, we can enhance the experience of our people and teams, improve the value of our solutions to better serve the missions of our customers, and make a difference in our world. We are enthusiastic and passionate about our work which is infectious. We allow our employees to take responsibility for their work and promote a positive working culture.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary.
- Corporate Benefits Package.
- Support provided on relocation – Information available upon request.
- Company Events.
Contact: Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than 09/11/2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org.