Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Serco is a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
Dedicated to the European Space Agency’s Earth-observing activities, ESA-ESRIN is the European centre of excellence for exploitation of Earth observation missions. The mission and payload operations of ESA’s Earth observation satellites are managed here, and ESRIN is the primary source for the acquisition, distribution, and exploitation of data from these and other non-ESA satellites.
We are seeking a Ground Segment Operation & Monitoring Engineer to join our multi-cultural team in Frascati, Italy. The Ground Segment Operation Monitoring is used to monitor and control the data products system in a PDGS operational environment.
- Operate the Ground segment monitoring facility to assess the overall system behaviour (performance, irregularities etc..).
- Detect irregularity based on the routine analysis of defined performance indicators (by the analysis of the content of the reports generated and/or by the absence of report).
- Refine the performance indicators to characterize the PDGS operations’ completeness and performance.
- Identify and report to the customer any problem or incident.
- Anomaly Handling investigation and problem solving.
- Propose recommendations for resolution of anomaly related to ground segment.
- Earth Observation (EO) data products management.
- Systematic generation of EO data products monitoring and control.
- For this position the ideal candidate will have good knowledge of: “Ground Segment Operation & Monitoring.
- EO data products and auxiliary file knowledge.
- Linux O.S and native shell scripting.
- Run, operate, monitor the system according to performance parameters.
- Provide service desk and second line support.
- Perform corrective maintenance (at least for blocking problems).
Any experience in the following would be of great value:
- Java programming.
- SQL knowledge.
- Good communications skills in English (spoken, written) and good knowledge of Italian.
- Proactive approach to problem identification and resolution.
- OnCall support may be required.
- Take full responsibility for the successful conclusion of the activities and success-oriented.
- Very good user liaison capability and team-player spirit.
- Sharp and curious mind.
Within Serco we believe there is a place here for everyone. Diversity & Inclusion at Serco is based on a culture where every voice is heard, and every employee feels valued. Working together as one team, we can enhance the experience of our people and teams, improve the value of our solutions to better serve the missions of our customers, and make a difference in our world. We are enthusiastic and passionate about our work which is infectious. We allow our employees to take responsibility for their work and promote a positive working culture.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary.
- Corporate Benefits Package.
- Support provided on relocation – Information available upon request.
- Company Events.