Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Serco is a leading Space Services Provider with thousands of skilled resources that has supported over 50 space missions on behalf of more than 10 Space or Government agencies around the globe, including the ESA and NASA. Serco offers space capability across the full space lifecycle from satellite testing to Launch services, LEOP to spacecraft operations, space surveillance to data management, and supporting downstream application development. With over 55 years history in the space sector Serco is well placed to contribute to National strategies and New Space ventures who want to scale their businesses/organizations with skilled talent.
We are seeking a Mechanical AIV / AIT Engineer to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC) in the Netherlands. This is a fantastic opportunity to get into one of the most sought-after space agencies in the world.
- The ideal candidate will have to proactively support Projects with respect to AIT and AIV domains, in particular monitoring and coordinating AIT activities and providing support to Engineering and AIT manager on Project side with respect to AIT schedule assessment, risks assessment, project reviews (TRRs, PTRs, TRBs, NRBs, FAR/QAR etc) in line with specific AIT technical competences requested.
- Support Agency projects on AIV/AIT issues, in particular environmental testing including follow up of industry activities.
- Support the Customers of the Test Centre through all project phases, taking into account project requirements and performance of facilities.
- Support Agency projects with respect to model philosophy definition, requirement specification, planning, costing, risk assessment, test execution and verification control.
- Support Agency project studies and reviews in the Concurrent Design Facility at ESTEC in the domain programmatics and AIV/AIT.
- Participate in formal project reviews and tender evaluation boards, usually in the AIV panel.
- Participate in the development of new methods and tools, the preparation and implementation of investments.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in space domain, with Environmental test campaigns and Launch Campaigns expertise.
- PHD or Msc Engineering from a recognised institution of secondary studies (University) or equivalent.
- Experience in satellite AIV and satellite testing, and some experience in management.
- Experience in the development and verification of space hardware.
- Knowledge and experience with MGSE/EGSE.
- Experience in management and monitoring of industrial activities.
- Focus on system level activities and thermo-mechanical domain.
- Experience with functional testing will be considered an asset.
- System view and knowledge of other engineering areas on top of AIT/AIV competences will be considered an asset.
- Sound knowledge of satellite qualification and acceptance testing.
- Proven experience with satellite system and/or payload AIT activities preparation, implementation and evaluation.
- Proven experience with test preparation, configuration and execution including relevant procedures and processes.
- Experience with active monitoring and support to industrial AITactivities, including problems troubleshooting and resolution.
- Good team spirit and teamwork experience in space related projects is considered key, as coordination with engineering and necessary specialists has to be ensured along AIT activities.
- Experience with AIT schedules assessment, identifying associated risks and proposing mitigation actions.
- Experience with NCR process and satellite project reviews.
- Experience with lessons learned management;.
- Availability to support regular missions abroad as required by Projects; along limited periods, on-call support in 24/7 shift with other team members might be required during the test campaign such as TV.
- Comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
Within Serco we believe there is a place here for everyone. Diversity & Inclusion at Serco is based on a culture where every voice is heard, and every employee feels valued. Working together as one team, we can enhance the experience of our people and teams, improve the value of our solutions to better serve the missions of our customers, and make a difference in our world. We are enthusiastic and passionate about our work which is infectious. We allow our employees to take responsibility for their work and promote a positive working culture.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary.
- Corporate Benefits Package.
- Support provided on relocation – Information available upon request.
- Company Events.