Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Serco is a leading Space Services Provider with thousands of skilled resources that has supported over 50 space missions on behalf of more than 10 Space or Government agencies around the globe, including the ESA and NASA. Serco offers space capability across the full space lifecycle from satellite testing to Launch services, LEOP to spacecraft operations, space surveillance to data management, and supporting downstream application development.
We are looking for a talented individual with an affinity for sales to join their team as a Sales Manager, specializing in the vibrant world of the European Space industry. This incredible opportunity offers the chance for personal and professional growth, all while being based in Germany.
This role reports hard line to the Serco European Space Business Development Director and will support the German Operations Director and Space leadership and contract management team in Germany to the Country growth plan.
In a growing market environment, meet the growth objectives set by the Country business development plan both in terms of Order Bookings and margins contributing to executing account management activities.
- Implement the commercial strategy and sales plan established by the European Business Development Director (BDD) and country Operations Director (OD) in the Space Sector.
- Ensure deals are successfully managed according to corporate governance processes.
- Develop a pipeline of new business opportunities to ensure growth targets are achieved.
- Coordinate organic growth actions with other sales and business development managers.
- For each opportunity, and with the support of the relevant sector BDL develop a win strategy, with efficient win themes, competitive analysis and a price-to-win.
- Drive capture management activities by proactively understanding customer needs and promoting the Serco way and Serco capabilities.
- Understand Serco’s capabilities and assess them against customer requirements / needs, identifying gaps and implementing individual capture strategies.
- Develop consultative relationship with all customers to position of Serco at the heart of the upcoming opportunities.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships within the customer community and industry to be able to identify new business opportunities for the benefice of the growth plan.
- Support in the development of a network of senior relationships with customers, potential customers already said above.
- Collaborate with BDD teams to support capture management activities to win large competitive procurements by proactively work to market Serco capabilities and competitive pricing.
- Collaborate with BDD to understand and analyse unsuccessful bid activity and ensure these inputs into future proposition development.
- Maintaining close alignment with operations and a good understanding of capabilities across Europe / in Serco Space.
- Support Representation of Serco in all relevant professional associations.
- In coordination with the Europe marketing team, attend and coordinate the Serco presence for sales events and fairs.
The successful candidate will be: proactive, positive, innovative, customer focused, responsive, and able to develop and sell tailored solutions and consistently deliver results. This role holder will be responsible for end-to end business development throughout the entire bid lifecycle (typically from Gate 0 through to Gate 5)- (win theme development / refinement, pursuit strategy, pricing, teaming, competitive analysis and black hats, solution development, colour team reviews).
- Demonstrated understanding in building opportunities.
- Successful in implementing growth strategy with German public entities and/or international entities.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in business development or project management
- Good knowledge of German public sector (Space markets knowledge in an asset).
- Has a track record of working in sales.
- Fluent in English and German languages as a minimum (Ideally a German national or has C1 level written and spoken German).
- Open minded and able to interact with confidence with all stakeholders
- Motivated by challenge and looking for business success.
- Enjoys teamworking and is used to cooperate with bidding, legal, finance and operational teams in an international environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Exercises good judgement with decision-making skills.
- Good analytical skills with the ability to assimilate information quickly, cut through to determine resolution, communicate key messages simply and effectively to the business.
Within Serco we believe there is a place here for everyone. Diversity & Inclusion at Serco is based on a culture where every voice is heard, and every employee feels valued. Working together as one team, we can enhance the experience of our people and teams, improve the value of our solutions to better serve the missions of our customers, and make a difference in our world. We are enthusiastic and passionate about our work which is infectious. We allow our employees to take responsibility for their work and promote a positive working culture.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary.
- Corporate Benefits Package.
- Support provided on relocation – Information available upon request.
- Company Events.