Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Serco is a leading Space Services Provider with thousands of skilled resources that has supported over 50 space missions on behalf of more than 10 Space or Government agencies around the globe, including the ESA and NASA. Serco offers space capability across the full space lifecycle from satellite testing to Launch services, LEOP to spacecraft operations, space surveillance to data management, and supporting downstream application development.
On behalf of our customer EUMETSAT, we are currently seeking a talented METOP Mission Controller to join our team in Darmstadt. This wonderful opportunity will have you located at the captivating site in Darmstadt, where you can enjoy a great balance of on-site work.
- Operate on a 24/7 shift basis all or part of the mission control system, including parts of the ground and space segments.
- Assist in configuring and testing the operational system to support the operations.
- In case of ground or space segment anomaly, take corrective action as necessary, applying the contingency and/or emergency procedures approved for the mission to ensure the spacecraft’s safety and the continuity of the service provision to users.
- Participate in other operations-related activities (small system development, procedures development or maintenance, etc.) upon request from the team.
- Experience working with Computer Systems and PC literacy.
- Adaptable, self-disciplined mindset able to work in a calm and correct manner in stressful situations.
- Ability to work on a 24/7 shift rota.
- Able to socialize and fit well in a small operations team.
- Strong knowledge through a technical environment experience.
- If ex-military personnel, then there should be a completion of a service College apprenticeship in electronics or telecommunications, and possess a background in Avionics, Air Defence, Air Radar, or Communications.
- Preferably, a bachelor’s degree in an environment such as IT, Telecommunications, Physics or Aerospace engineering.
Within Serco we believe there is a place here for everyone. Diversity & Inclusion at Serco is based on a culture where every voice is heard, and every employee feels valued. Working together as one team, we can enhance the experience of our people and teams, improve the value of our solutions to better serve the missions of our customers, and make a difference in our world. We are enthusiastic and passionate about our work which is infectious. We allow our employees to take responsibility for their work and promote a positive working culture.
What we offer:
- An exciting, inspiring, international, and ambitious working environment
- Training and development opportunities
- Career progression
- Paid holiday
- Highly competitive salaries considering your skills and personal value to the company
- Pension schemes
- Summer and Christmas parties
We will give you the platform and guidance to progress your career quickly whilst rewarding you at the same time.