Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Serco is a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
Serco in Italy is one of the top 50 World Space Manufacturing and Service companies with a long history of providing Earth Observation operations, maintenance and front-end services to the European Space Agency and other institutions. The company also offers vast experience to a huge number of IT and space markets including : central governments, defence organisations, the aerospace industry and commercial companies.
On behalf of our team in Italy, we are currently searching for a skilled Copernicus Account Manager to join us on site at ESRIN, in Frascati, Rome. This position offers full time, permanent employment and aims to support our ongoing activities.
- Management of the Copernicus Services users.
- CSP Progress Review organization and managing.
- Recording, Tracking, analysis of User Needs and their mapping in Data Warehouse Requirements (DWH).
- Support ESA in translating user needs/requirements to technical requirements for future architecture and procurement.
- End to End Management of Copernicus Space Component Data Access (CSCDA) Datasets (Data Access Portfolio updates, status, level of implementation, daily monitoring of orders, escalations, closure).
- Quota management.
- User survey process management.
- Attend international meetings to collect future user requirements and identify trends in EO applications and solutions.
- Copernicus Contributing Mission Entities (CCME) monthly report reconciliation and validation.
- CSCDA Evolution support (including requirements definition support, (Invitation To Tender, Contract Change Notices) and Operations Scenarios definition.
- Provide support on technical solutions for specific ESA/EC requests (quota management, new mission to be offered to CSCDA users).
- Technical interfaces monitoring (CCMs-CSCDA).
- Routine operations monitoring and link to CCM Quality Control.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- Degree in a relevant technical field such as Physics, Engineering, Mathematics, Geography or Geosciences.
- At least 5 years of experience in a Space EO industrial or research environment.
- Knowledge of ESA EO missions and their operational context.
- Knowledge of EO based science applications.
- Awareness of Copernicus environment stakeholder and Copernicus Contributing Missions.
- Good knowledge of GIS and related applications and tools.
- Experience in drafting and editing complex technical reports.
- Proficiency in MS Office Tools.
- Good communication and analytical skills.
- Expertise in technical writing and presentation.
- Experience in Documentation Review.
- Good negotiation skills and meeting management skills.
- A team player and able to coordinate complex tasks.
- Result-oriented and user-oriented focused.
- Flexible with a proactive approach to work.
The following skills and experience would be highly desirable:
- Knowledge of the Copernicus Space Component Data Access (CSCDA) context.
- Project/Service Management expertise.
- Knowledge of the Earth Science research community.
- Experience in system engineering and/or EO data processing
- Experience with OGC (Open Geospatial Consortium Standard).
- Experience with INSPIRE (Geo Portal).
Within Serco we believe there is a place here for everyone. Diversity & Inclusion at Serco is based on a culture where every voice is heard, and every employee feels valued. Working together as one team, we can enhance the experience of our people and teams, improve the value of our solutions to better serve the missions of our customers, and make a difference in our world. We are enthusiastic and passionate about our work which is infectious. We allow our employees to take responsibility for their work and promote a positive working culture.
Joining Serco’s amazing team offers:
- Competitive Salary.
- Great career opportunities in the Space industry.
- Corporate Benefits Package.
- International environment.
- Possible hybrid work.