Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Serco is a leading Space Services Provider with thousands of skilled resources that has supported over 50 space missions on behalf of more than 10 Space or Government agencies around the globe, including the ESA and NASA. Serco offers space capability across the full space lifecycle from satellite testing to Launch services, LEOP to spacecraft operations, space surveillance to data management, and supporting downstream application development. With over 55 years history in the space sector Serco is well placed to contribute to National strategies and New Space ventures who want to scale their businesses/organizations with skilled talent.
We are looking for a dynamic Controller to join our team at the esteemed ESA-ESTEC site in the Netherlands. Step into a remarkable role that grants you access to one of the globe’s highly coveted space agencies – an opportunity that launches your career into orbit!
- Coordination and consolidation of in-year and multiyear resource plans.
- Monitoring and controlling the implementation of the plans in line with resource targets, performing forecasting, identifying deviations and related recovery actions, producing related reports.
- Multi-year analysis, historical trends.
- Proactive Programme/Project controlling, analysis and reporting including coordinating monthly financial status reporting at Directorate level.
- Interfacing with counterparts in other Directorates, such as finance/corporate controllers/project controllers, as well as within D/TEC.
- Interfacing with Directorate’s Business Controller Administration Managers and their teams.
- Monitoring and control of Service Level Agreements between TEC and other Directorates.
- Proactively contributing to the definition, implementation and improvement of management support processes, methods and tools.
- Supporting colleagues in the team to ensure smooth operations and continuous high standard of service to internal and external customers.
- Master’s in engineering or equivalent or MBA or equivalent University degree from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience.
- Candidates should possess excellent analytical and reporting skills with the ability to manage large and complex data sets.
- The ability to synthesize complex information.
- A results-oriented and proactive approach.
- SAP and IPSAS knowledge is considered a distinct asset for the position.
- Experience in creation and development of Tableau and Power BI dashboards would be a strong asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities to be client focused.
- Comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Ability to work independently and establish good working relations with relevant actors in ESA and Industry.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
Within Serco we believe there is a place here for everyone. Diversity & Inclusion at Serco is based on a culture where every voice is heard, and every employee feels valued. Working together as one team, we can enhance the experience of our people and teams, improve the value of our solutions to better serve the missions of our customers, and make a difference in our world. We are enthusiastic and passionate about our work which is infectious. We allow our employees to take responsibility for their work and promote a positive working culture.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary.
- Comprehensive package of benefits offered by the company.
- Assistance with relocation can be provided, details available upon request.
- Engaging company events to foster team spirit.
- Reimbursement of public transport expenses.
- Access to a variety of sports and recreational activities at ESTEC Escape Recreation Centre.
- Company contribution towards a pension scheme.