Field(s) of expertise
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
- Management, maintenance and operation of Mechanical Test Facilities and corresponding auxiliaries ensuring that the tasks under his responsibilities are performed in the technical, administrative and financial frame as defined in the task specification;
- Assessment of existing mechanical test facility operations with respect to safety, cost effectiveness and performance such to recommend modifications, upgrading and replacement of hardware and software;
- Representation and promotion of the mechanical test facilities towards ESTEC and the test customers;
- Provision of technical and financial inputs to the Contractor Marketing and Sales Manager for the preparation of proposals;
- Interface to external sub-contractors and suppliers supported by the Contractor Administration;
- Acting as a test engineer or supporting the Test Program Manager in technical matters related to mechanical testing;
- Scheduling and provision of mechanical test facilities and qualified facility operators during test preparation – execution and post test activities;
- Leading the mechanical team including: o Ensuring an adequate level of technical competence of his team members, o Preparation and implementation of a yearly training plan. o Supervision of the mechanical team and/or temporary personnel from sub-contractors who are performing mechanical test activities.
- A university degree or equivalent qualification in mechanical engineering;
- Several years of relevant experience in the field of mechanical testing of space hardware;
- A very good knowledge of vibration/acoustic facilities employed during mechanical testing of spacecraft component, subsystems or systems;
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to lead effectively a diverse team and have an attitude to cooperation and to accomplish solutions in line with team objectives;
- Good communications skills, a proactive attitude to solving problems and an interest for innovative technologies;
- Fluent English language.