Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management
About this job
If you are someone who actively takes up challenges and commit to delivering them on time, this role is for you!
We are looking for Bid Coordinator who thrives in a creative and dynamic environment that is developing the next generation of products and services to grow the UK Space Sector. The Catapult is a unique and exciting place to work and the Bid management team works across the business and our SME community, to help translate innovative satellite enabled ideas into projects.
As a successful Bid Coordinator, you will find this role as a platform to showcase your excellent planning and organising skills to prioritise and handle work across the team efficiently. This role requires high level of attention to detail and an ability to work under pressure to meet demanding deadlines. You will be entitled to work on multiple opportunities at once from across the business.
- As a bid coordinator you will own the process and the production of bid response document.
- The major responsibilities include introduction and implementation of all necessary document version and control procedures and processes.
- You are expected to produce proposals and project plans along with timelines to mark the key milestones in bidding cycle.
- You will be identifying risks and coordinating activities within the team to address the potential risks.
- Plan ahead to coordinate bid resource requirements with bid lead and line managers.
The Bid Process:
- Own individual opportunities as allocated ensuring we submit compliant, professionally produced propsals
- Create project plans and timelines which identify key milestones in the bidding cycle
- Capture risks and work with the bid team to caputre and coordinate activities to address and mitigate potential issues
- Plan and coordinate bid resource requirements and availability with the bid lead and line managers
- Set-up and coordinate formal bid reviews
- Proof-read and peer review of proposals.
Governance and Reporting:
- Ensure opportunities are accurately captured on the pipeline (CRM)
- Status reporting of activities to management
- Own and maintain the bid knowledge library with key informaiton and standard bid content
- Contribute to bid activities and production of statistics for reporting
- Champion document management and change control best practices
- Use customer feedback on bids won and lost to support continuous improvement
- Work with other Catapult departments to capture and maintain key business information to be accessible for bids, e.g. Case Studies, finance etc.
- Contribute to the implementation of the Bid team’s process and governance
- Client engagement, conference/workshop attendance
- Maintain relationships with stakeholders including SMEs, large industry, academia and government organisations
- Build strong relationships with project management team to ensure smooth bid to in-life handover
Ideally, you will have knowledge and understanding of the bidding process or are looking to develop a career in the bidding industry. In addition, you will have a track record of successfully working to deadlines. You will be able to effectively apply your planing and organisation skills to handle the variety of work, and to prioritise activities across the team.
Skills and Experience
- Experience of working in matrix teams, helping to motivate and support others
- Financial awareness, including understanding budgeting and project cost development.
You will enjoy being part of a team, supporting others to work effectively and collaboratively towards a common goal, this will include:
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships
- Assisting others to complete their tasks and support group goals.
It is important that you are customer / end user focused, recognising and understanding customer needs, helping bid teams (including internal and external partners) to deliver to a shared customer objective / vision.
In addition, you will be confident at communicating at all levels of the business and have the skills and confidence to effectively participate in meetings and effectively communicate to an audience. You will enjoy problem solving and thrive in ensuring high attention to detail is achieve in both internal and external communications.