Field(s) of expertise
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering Aerospace Engineering
About this job
Momentus was born out of countless discussions with satellite operators looking for rides to destinations which weren’t commercially being offered. Our mission is simple: we want enterprise and existence to flourish in space and we know that creating truly efficient in-space transportation will make that possible.
Rooted in breakthrough technologies, our transportation services will be powered by deep space resource utilization, ushering in a new era of movement within our solar system.
Momentus seeks a Mechanical Analyst who can:
- Work hard with high productivity in a close knit team to rapidly detail the mechanical design of space flight systems.
- Perform mechanical, structural, and dynamic analysis of space flight systems.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or a closely related discipline
- MS in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 2-5 years experience in mechanical design and analysis depending on education level, training, and proven ability.
- Aerospace experience working with flight hardware is preferred but experience in other high-reliability industries (automotive, aircraft, navel engineer oil & gas, etc) is acceptable.
- Structural finite element analysis tools (Ansys preferred)
- CAD modeling (Solidworks preferred)
- Part and assembly drawings using ANSI Y14.5 GD&T
- Test setup and supervision for vibe & shock