Field(s) of expertise
Electronics Engineering Aerospace Engineering
About this job
We have immediate openings for Space Propulsion Research and Development Engineers and technologists. We are looking for very talented research engineers or experimental physicist with advanced degrees, both right out of school and those with flight qualification experience. We seek highly innovative hard working people with hands on laboratory experience who can run their own design, analysis, and test programs.
- high level of empowerment and autonomy to build and fly electric propulsion systems in under a year from concept to flight based on proven proprietary technology
- stock options in a highly valued venture funded startup- membership in a dynamic team of gifted and intellectually diverge professionals
- excellent benefits and bonus structures
- PhDs or MS degrees in aerospace engineering, electrical engineering, or physics with an emphasis on gas discharge physics and hypersonic gas dynamics are preferred.
- Salaries are competitive for Silicon Valley early stage startups.
We need people with deep understandings of:
- electric and magnetism
- high temperature materials
- fabrication methods
- compressible gas dynamics or gas discharge physics.