Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering Aerospace Engineering
About this job
Momentus provides in-space transportation services to spacecraft large and small, helping them reach their final destination. To do this, we are building in-space shuttles that carry satellites and spacecraft from the orbits that rockets leave them off in to where they need to operate in space.
Our in space shuttles are propelled by a revolutionary new type of water plasma rocket. No one has experimented with or built water plasma propulsion on the scale that we are, and so we are hiring Systems Engineer for Propulsion.
These propulsion systems engineers will:
- Perform top-level design of microwave electric propulsion systems
- Conduct trade studies to determine design decisions and select components
- Participate in design reviews
- Assess and track propulsion system risks
- Define and document requirements and interfaces to spacecraft subsystems (thermal, electrical, mechanical, RF)
- Define, review, and execute test plans for acceptance, qualification, and endurance testing
- Support qualification, integration, and testing efforts of propulsion systems and components
- Assist in definition and documentation of assembly and manufacturing processes
Professional Experience Sought:
- BS in Astronautical Engineer, Aerospace Engineering or the equivalent plus at least 5 years of experience in systems engineering of space propulsion systems
- MS plus at least 3 years of experience in systems engineering of space propulsion systems or PhD plus two years
- Experience in space propulsion production environments is and experience with project management and planning tools is a plus. Direct experience in assembly, integration, and test of space propulsion systems is a major plus.